• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mini A Board Run

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tarasque said:
Fred,

I would advise to try the A30 values. I both build the A5 and the A30 and by far prefered the A30.

In the A30, the 680P cap is omitted.
Yeah, I think I will go this route by raising the A30's rails. Marc, do you have another monster HS for the second channel :hot: :devilr: ;)

EDIT: John, do you have a link to the China chassis/heatsink for a look?

Joined 2005
Paid Member
This is the chassis I ordered from China - it will take FOREVER to arrive (possibly 2 months?), but it was relatively cheap at $180 shipped.

Thinking about possible doing a Group buy, but work is keeping me extremely busy...

Anyway, I bought the 4U version of the Pesante Dissipante from that Italian website and this one looks to be nearly identical to the 5U version in looks, heatsinking, and overall dimensions. I am quite pleased with the 4U Pesante Dissipante, although the sinks are a bit too small for the Aleph 60 or Krell Clone, so I bought this one from China.

Need to get that Dunn Mei printing off - hopefully a bit of alcohol and light rub will work, but the on/off switch, and rca, IEC and binding post cutouts are there, so a decent tradeoff.

The 5U Pesante Dissepante spec sheet says the heasink is rated at .23C/W

Also says with 6 devices/channel, it will sink 375W total (yeah, but at what temp?).

The seller did not know the heatsink rating, so I am making an educated (?) guess due to its similarity to the 5U Pesante Dissipante (PD from here on out, as I am getting tired of writing it)

Can't yet vouch for the quality of the Chinese chassis, as it has not yet arrived, but I know he has a lot of them to sell...and they look quite nice

Attachments

• 20060915012446665[1].jpg
    20060915012446665[1].jpg
    56 KB · Views: 283
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Pic of rear

More specs from Lawrence...someone wanna take the heatsink dimensions and make an educated guess of its rating? I am guessing .23C/W - .25C/W.

It is A-998
Heavy Durty Chassis for Power AMP
7 pieces Steel and Aluminum Chassis
1mm thick steel are rigid enough and keep low cost
Easy workability on 2mm thick top aluminium plate
Excellent & Profession look with silver silky texture 7 mm solid aluminium front panel
Convenience complete set come with most encessary opening
Come with ON/OFF push Switch, Anti-vitbation legs x 4 ,Knob and Screws .
RCA sockets and speaker terminal , AC IEC socket and fuse socket included.
Faceplate colour : gold , silver or black .
Weight :10000 (gram/Each
Outside Size (mm): 482×380×180
Inside size (mm): 420 x 380 x 160
Face plate (mm): 430 x 180 x 7
heat sink (mm) : 160 x 32 x 380

Attachments

• 998[1].jpg
    998[1].jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 288
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I originally bought this chassis for the Krell Clone - I would be setting the bias to a max heatsink temp of 50 - 55C.

Hmmm, well, I can always experiment with adding an internal heatsink inside the chassis, or add a fan, or upgrade the sinks.

I got tripped up on the "Aleph 60 draws 240 watts from the wall at all times and most will be seen on the heatsinks"

Figured I would have enough sink with this chassis for the 240W dissipation total...

Joined 2004
Paid Member
john65b said:
Need to get that Dunn Mei printing off - hopefully a bit of alcohol and light rub will work, but the on/off switch, and rca, IEC and binding post cutouts are there, so a decent tradeoff.

Can't yet vouch for the quality of the Chinese chassis, as it has not yet arrived, but I know he has a lot of them to sell...and they look quite nice

That's a pretty nice "Heavy Durty" chassis! I would stick a stereo A60 in there and see how hot it gets.

Am I reading that right, that it comes supplied with the on-off switch (not just a hole)? I would make a cover plate for the rear speaker binding post holes to use dual banana posts. Depending on how nice your amp turned out, you could have a new thicker face made (or take it down to your local anodizer to see what colors he has). Nice find!

Hi Jase

Sorry to be a pain but have you had a chance to look for those resistors yet?

I asked before as well, does anyone have any photos of their finished mini-a amps yet? whould be nice to see what happend to all those boards that were posted out.

Thanks
Mark. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.