Meet "Fritz der Netzverteiler"

If you guys ever in the coming 2 years are in Swiss, in or near Bern, just drop me a line..
then I'm sure you will like our food @ Gourmet Thai Restaurant & Take Away Bern Switzerland. We will close our Restaurant in 2 years time when I'm turning 71..Actually it was meant for when I'm 70 but we extend it for another year.
Everyone is welcome..,
Thai Food only..

So, I'm on the Marked, filling up the *Truhe* in the store room..

You will need to buy SPICEY BASILICUM not the sweet or Italian one..
Its sold as Holy Basil if this comes from Thailand, and then PAD GRA PRAO comes to the taste it should have..
add the basil is to put in to the food at VERY LAST. Do not over cook 2/3 minutes are enough..

Last edited:
Good, yeah holy basil you will get only in Asia or Thai Food Shops.
And it's possible to keep for max 2 - 4 days after that it turns dark..
if you have give in some lemon leaf or lemon grass, gives a really good taste and if you use Thai Chilly then it will let explode them even more, so taste will be real Asiatic..

enjoy the food, cleaning up my workroom..

Slightly on topic, 40+ years ago I met an old telephone engineer. His experience in the Great War was that the carbon microphones used at that time, not being well sealed, had to have the carbon bits changed at times.

The carbon microphones used in French telephones had the finest ground carbon, English and American not quite as fine and the German ones used a coarse grind. He attributed this to the detail or finesse in the languages.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Also some missing screws on the power outlet! Other possible issue is if the output power cords weigh enough that they will drag the switching unit from where it should sit.

Overall not a bad unit. But as it is your project I feel encouraged to “Bust your chops.” ;)

Hi, I see I missed some remarks. Yes the screws should be there but the wiring was my enemy :) Now these are glasfiber enforced plastic outlets that can take abuse but since I will rewire that will be solved. No output cord and also not 3 together will drag the unit as it weighs like a brick being 3 mm cast aluminium. I mounted an extra rubber foot in the middle at the backside though.

Yes feel free to criticize it, that is how things are meant. This was the execution of a strange idea to do something useful with parts I had.

I can tell the device certainly has its merits as it is used everyday, that is something I can not say about other DIY devices I made.

Attachments

• IMG_2920.jpg
    IMG_2920.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi I had a colleague that was previously working in a factory where sensors for cars were designed and produced. He saw I drove a Fiat at that time and mentioned that Fiat was buyer of parts with highest tolerances and that he would therefor only buy VAG (VW, Audi etc.) products. Apparently he hadn't checked the failure rates of that cars :)

Here a picture of Fritz in AUS! mode in higher resolution. The powder coating is very cheap here when the small order can be added to another standard one (this means white/light grey/anthracite/black). For DDR Design (GDR) I think anthracite is adequate. The finish is impeccable IMO.

Attachments

• IMG_2923.jpg
    IMG_2923.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
That would be contradictory as the German language is quite precise. Not the finesse of French but same difficulty level. Maybe that was the reason it was the de facto language in electrotechnics decades ago?!

I think German has a lot of hard sibliants that are easy do understand even in low SNR.

I once heard that for this reason German language commands are preferred when training dogs even outside of Germany. Don't know if that's actually true or not.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
That is a coincidence :) I knew someone that was not good with dogs. She had 2... Neither of them listened. When I got annoyed I used a few commands and then they sat and looked very carefully to me to everyones surprise. Then she told me she had bought them in Germany.

Jean-Paul,

As to the powder coat finish, it is freaking marvelous. A great way to get a finish and from your posted image looks very well done.

As to German commands used to train dogs, I am familiar with that as a security measure. Around here the bad guys the dogs are meant to deter don’t speak German, so can’t confuse the dog. So the theory went. In my experience there are differences between the dogs the police use and the ones used by the military. The police dogs are friendly around strangers, at least when the handler is present. The military ones seem to be tense around new folks and have trouble in crowds of humans, getting quite tense.

My best tale about German shepherds is is as a youth (about 8 years old) I did walk pretty much everywhere. One day a bit away from home as I was walking, a gang of older kids noticed me and started towards me with not so nice apparent intent. A German Shepard appeared from almost nowhere and started to walk with me, heeling properly. The other folks saw that and assumed the dog was my companion and decided not to mess with me. They went in the other direction. After they were out of sight the dog left me, nice and safe.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
The guy who does this for me charges 15 Euro.... Never spray cans again for me.

This is Klothilde, a Gleichspannungsnetzteil 12V...15V 3A also in a cast aluminium powder coated casing. Same DDR Design, industrial appearance and high mechanical/electrical quality at the same time. I even don't use power on LED's anymore when the load has one. Less is more.

Shepherds are nice dogs but... I had no notice of the inherited disease they have as a breed. About half of them suffers from it.

Attachments

• IMG_2938.jpg
    IMG_2938.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
....carbon microphones used in French telephones had the finest ground carbon, English and American not quite as fine and the German ones used a coarse grind. He attributed this to the detail or finesse in the languages.

Bosh. The COAL is critical. Some sticks, some coal clumps, some coal oxidizes.

In the US, WE Labs bought hundreds of samples and ended up buying the entire contents of one specific shaft in a Pennsylvania coal mine. For their processing and preferences, it was so much the best that it was worth a lifetime buy. (Yes, coal still in the hole is very much cheaper than telephone gear.) Other coal might have wanted different grinding. Obviously each telco lab tried turning the adjuster on the coal pulverizer.