Meet "Fritz der Netzverteiler"

The cases are G5 MAC PRO, buy these very cheap and then modify them.
Inside no more, all Modified, sides Modified, Back Modified
Running like a champ..

This one when running in high Power Mode takes 700Watts Idle..
Created a new one, still working on it, takes only 40Watts per Channel Idle up to 5 watts, but can deliver about 70 Watts on 4 Ohms an uses 200Watts / Channel, when finish.. and can deliver 100 Watts Class A Power on 2 Ohms, without excessive heat. Also no FANS used,.. Mr. Pass helped me a lot, with ideas..

But still takes some time, Prototype runs perfect.. PCB number 6 will be assembled and tested soon, though the hole, with Bungard Rivets and tools. PCB's..

Attachments

• 1. Class A inside_1.jpg
    1. Class A inside_1.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 2. Class A back.jpg
    2. Class A back.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 122
You see only 1 Fan..
Another 3 are in the Middle underneath that Aluminum cover.
One is sucking air in from beneath the bottom which is 1.5CM above ground..
The other two fans blowing the Air out to left and right cooling down these
Active Heat Sinks..
The one fan you see blows hot air out.. generated by the Power supply
Each Fan is single controlled with Voltage Regulator..
Transistors are mounted underneath 6 MJL4281AP per side.

Vrail +- 37.5 volts Idle Current High Power 3.75Amps per Channel..
RE= 10 Ohm 400 Watt mounted at the back..
Bandwidth 10 - 100Khz +- .2db
Max Output Power @8Ohm 28.5Watts / Channel
Distortion Max @28.5 less than 0.5 %
Distortion Max @ 1 Watt Less than 0.08 %
Max Heat full Load or Idle, 80Degrees Channel Active Cooled

Wait for my new Variable Current Source Class A

Takes only 40 Watts Idle or less Per Channel..
up to 5 Watt and only then it will draw more current

I'm testing the prototype for 5 months already
2 Ohms load no problems
100 Watts @ 2 Ohms also no problems.
But the major breakthrough is that this AMP will not heat up when in IDLE
Using two Current sources - which will work depending on voltage drawn by the amp when Input signal is increasing.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Last edited:
Wasn't that called "floating class A"?

That's possible, I'm not sure of that one, but this amp does not work similar to that Floating class a.. Again this uses a Current source which feeds the Single End Output Transistor, and the Single End Output transistor it self also fed with a Resistor which creates a Current Source Bias *From Negative Voltage*, so the actual Current Source Transistor can be reduced by more than 70% to feed the Signal Single End Output Transistor With enough Current to work with..

BTW. The bottom underneath the fan is cut out..
You can not see Vent Hole, it's because the flash of the camera light up the top of the amp below that one,,

I will post the Circuit again, but you can find it here

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Fine with me, all is possible.

BTW somewhat on-topic (sorry)... hard to imagine but for those wanting to make a Fritz: I have some of the powder coated casings left in light grey/lichtgrau. I can send one for shipping costs within Germany.

Last edited:
G5 MAC PRO
Love their tower design. For once a big tower PC chassis that has excellent thermal design/flow with lots of aluminium and was it 9 fans?
In comparison the somewhat stupid standard design blowing the CPU´s hot air against the side wall and pretty much hindering proper air flow. (admittedly this design comes from a time where CPU power was relatively low)

HE!Z – Fritz-Song [Musikvideo] [Beat: HE!Z] - YouTube
For those having problems to correctly pronounce "Fritz".
Not exactly the kind of music I listen to nor the kind of music video I find appealing but hope it helps; bad acting too!

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Last edited:
Very nice done. Wouldn't it be better to make some slots for ventilation/cold air under the fan?

With current energy prices I opt for class D/FDA :geezer:

Good Day @all

I place this yesterday already once.. Sorry it didn't show up..
Was late already and I might forgot to hit that send button.. happens when getting older, and worse, not want to accept that time is counting forward faster..

@jean-paul, I do want to highjack your thread, not the slightest Idea about that.. and if it comes across like that then here I do apologize therefore to you and anyone else here on this thread.

But to give you an answer to the above question, check THIS out here. that's out of the construction days in 2020.. Again the front Fan is blowing air out of the case, creating a AIRFLOW underneath the case.. helps the Active Heat sink Air pull Fan to get better ration to suck in air..

Thanks for your understanding and take care!
Chris

Moin! :) Btw. a little fact about the word/phrase "moin" which even most germans do not know. In german "moin" sounds pretty similar to "morgen" which is short for "guten morgen" > "good morning". Despite the somehow similar pronounciation does the term "moin" not relate to a specific time of the day, as it is short for the phrase "moien (or mojen) dag" which means "have a nice day". So "moi (moj) is northern german accent for "nice". :)

The G5 was a power consuming beast. Some of the 2 GHz versions were 100W. Never had one but there were even watercooled G5's that could leak cooling fluid with spectacular outcome.

BTW I think these guys do a good job in Deutschrap:

KITSCHKRIEG FEAT. TRETTMANN, GRINGO, UFO361 & GZUZ - "STANDARD" (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

TRETTMANN FEAT. ALLI NEUMANN - ZEIT STEHT - PROD. KITSCHKRIEG (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

I still have one Fluid Cooled, ( not water) of them and a regular one to rip in pieces.. Also have a MAC PRO Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz with 32Gigs of Ram, High End Nvidia Graphics, running Windows 10 Server on 1TB SSD, in my Büro Werkstatt or Office Construction room..Multitasking Computer used for everything.. Watch TV while working, or listen to Music or just plain to read DIYAUDIO--