Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Glad you're sorted, Alan.

Checking in with some more DOS praise. I'm pretty much through my collection now, with some A/B comparison with LPs. The DOS rules supreme. Stereo imaging is night and day better than my old LM4562HA op-amp stage. It's practically holographic. I really can't recommend it enough.

Had to replace the servo ics yesterday tca0372dp2 x3 all back to normal after a silly slip and shorted one out causing the disc to spin backwards.
sourced them from a great company on ebay, uk based rare one that LITTLEDIODE.COM. great service here in 2 days £4 each.
all good fun, alan
+1 :) I had very GOOD buying experience with LITTLEDIODE.COM as well :D

Yes the Metal CAN 49720HA works quite hot and for peace of mind I put a heat sink on it ;)

I followed and put heat sinks on mine.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    985.3 KB · Views: 154
Ray whats the cost of the dos boards shipped to the uk do you accept paypal ?

many thanks alan

ps are they kits or bare boards.:)

Hi Alan,

It's € 14,95 for one board, that's inluding shipping and PayPal fees.

I don't have a kit for the DOS, main reason is there are too many options regarding component choice, plus the DOS board runs in small quantities.

Why do the metal cans run hotter, this doesn't make sense to me. Heat dissipation should be the same, regardless of the housing.

It could be a sign of high-frequency oscillation, did anyone check the output with a scope?

Ray

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a scope.
Quick google search shows that others are reporting high operation heat of the metal cans.

I have 47 ohm in series with the output. That should take care of the capacitive load from the interconnects.
Could it be oscillation elsewhere?

I have checked with a scope and there is no oscillation at all. The metal can is hot but I think it is only about 50 degree C without heat sink. I put another pair of metal can to the circuit and they also got the same temp. I think the heat is normal. I also found the non metal 4562NA is also "hot" after running for some time :)
I have a 0.25uF Mundorf fitted between pin 8 and 4 of the 4562HA.

Last edited: