Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

rowemeister said:
Yep pretty much lol. I have to post in bursts between my work :D.

Upgrading quite a few cd players at the moment, we have a Marantz CD6002 and Cambridge Audio Azur 640 V2 in. Both nice cd players with a different approach to where the design of the circuits. Marantz goes for its usuall nice caps in vital areas approach and decent rail seperation where the Cambridge as fitted a better TX and concentrated on the clock and servo areas. A combination of the two ideas would sound very good.

The Marantz has the edge overall but both sound very good for budget cd players (£250-£300 range) both miles better than a cd63 in standard form.

Brent

Hi Brent,

So the big question.....

With a total budget of (say) £500 for a player and mods would you start with second hand 63/67 or a new CD6002 or 640. Or something else entirely?

Regards

Pete

Yes, what you say makes sense.

I wasn't sure whether the modern Dacs conferred an advantage that wouldn't be overtaken by upgrading other components around it.

I've tried both the 67 and 640 route. Not sure that I can tell the difference to be honest (but that's probably down to the state of my ears rather than anything else ;) )

Pete

Joined 2006
Paid Member
avr300 said:
Now remove consumers, and re-apply power. Then we see, if the chip itself is ok.

rowemeister said:
Remove Ribbon and connector to mech yes.

Removing consumers and aplying power, I get a glowing fuse.

Maybe this proves the ic is shorted inside.

I am searching for a replacement right now.

Remember that this is not the first time it happens... This ic did get very hot in the past.... the reason why is not clear to me.

Maybe you could help.

Regards

Ricardo
:crying: