Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

What? Worked all this time and waste money and a CD6002 can beat my player?
I should have found one used then :'( I just have to hope my CD53 does better a little... but last time we said as it is it can face without shame a stock Naim CD5i!? I'm lost.

My CD53 with few mods (as I remember maybe some caps and/bypass wire... maybe AD8620) was very close to my Philips DVP5500S, wich is a magazine awarded CDP.

I'm skeptical as to whether these cd63's can be beaten at all, really.

I read somewhere that there's a few ultra high-end players that use this dac chip. I would love to compare my player with an expensive stock model.

My mate has heard all-sorts over the years and he's never heard a player that even comes close to mine.

And Brent's is even better.

Lee.

16 bit players only here, lol

rowemeister said:
Simon are you saying mine was more refined or the Naim (£7K with the PSU)?

Please say mine please say mine :clown:

Brent

In your dreams sunshine !!

*My comments are based on not hearing either of them, and thus total speculation*

:D :D :D

If these players really are that capable then I will certainly be keeping mine for a long long time. I have been thinking of going for a matching CDP for my amp eventually, with a few mods, but what is the point of spending £1k+ when a £12 player sounds sooo good. I really need to go have some trials in dealers I don't intend to buy from then report back.