Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

SimontY said:

Oh I can second that. Stick as many inside as you can! They can be small.

They don't have to be tiny. I have 3 x 30va + a couple of others in mine! Mind you, the cd63 has more discrete circuits to feed overall, so smaller will be better in the long run. More tx's defo make a good difference.

btw The earthquake broke my chimney and the dog p!**ed his bed!

Lee.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
rowemeister said:
You can use one external tx but the gains are better using two as you are isolating the circuits.

You can also run into ground loop problems with external power supplies, I would always recommend using an internal tx

Hi Brent

I have been rereading your last update on the Rowemeisters CD63 KI upgrd 05-08 with interest.

Following your indications, I already have a Nuvotem 30va18v with hexfreds for the analog opamps.

Now I would like to proceed with the servo tx but I am having difficulties understanding your paper:

On page 1 - DAC 1tx 15va9v
On page 4 - 1tx7va9v for dac analog + 1tx7va9v for dac digital ?!

Do you have only one tx with two windings ?

If so, can I use one TX with two windings to power +5v digital and +5v analog on the servo ?

Another point:
1tx 30va12v for one driver IC ?
Or do you mean all driver IC´s

Best regards

Ricardo

RCruz said:

Hi Brent

I have been rereading your last update on the Rowemeisters CD63 KI upgrd 05-08 with interest.

Following your indications, I already have a Nuvotem 30va18v with hexfreds for the analog opamps.

Now I would like to proceed with the servo tx but I am having difficulties understanding your paper:

On page 1 - DAC 1tx 15va9v
On page 4 - 1tx7va9v for dac analog + 1tx7va9v for dac digital ?!

Do you have only one tx with two windings ?

If so, can I use one TX with two windings to power +5v digital and +5v analog on the servo ?

Another point:
1tx 30va12v for one driver IC ?
Or do you mean all driver IC´s

Best regards

Ricardo

The 1X 15VA tx is for dac ana and dac digital - both running off a seperate winding (2x 7.5VA). I have amended the diagram as it said 2x 7VA.

The 30VA is for the 3 driver ics yes

Brent

should i use a china made clock from ebay that runs on dual rail supply or should i construct my own kwak clock that has been modify to single rail supply using an equivalent tentlab regulator?initially i thought of just removing the muting transistor n HDAM but since i'm going to take out the board, i'd as well change the clock too.

fossil2k said:
should i use a china made clock from ebay that runs on dual rail supply or should i construct my own kwak clock that has been modify to single rail supply using an equivalent tentlab regulator?initially i thought of just removing the muting transistor n HDAM but since i'm going to take out the board, i'd as well change the clock too.

I started to build the Kwak clock on veroboard but then after reading some more I realised that the layout of the board is important.

I'm going to make some pcb's, but in the meantime my lovely wife bought me one of Brent's C1 clocks for Christmas.

I haven't fitted it yet but will do shortly, and am I looking forward to that. I know some of the lads on here are using them and they think they're fantastic for the price.

I looked at that Chinese clock and without knowing the board layout it would be very diificult to predict the quality.

So, I would go for the Kwak if you want to build your own (cheapest) or for the extra money, Brent's C1 would be a really good decision.

Cheers
Jim

Joined 2006
Paid Member
fossil2k said:

Did you try the acoustica.org clock modd....? quite effective while you do not use Brent´s clock.

Ricardo

fossil2k said:

The chinese clock is ready made so implementation is quick.
The acoustica mod works but it is easy to wreck the board.
Despite it's reputation, the quack clock is nothing special in itself. It is the power supply and comparator which makes it.

Remember, all clocks go through the rather nasty inverter section in the DAC.

Andy