Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Thanks for that.

Done all your other mods on the amp up to the trannies/heatsink AC's etc and it sounds awesome.

Nice pic. Is that another original 66 transformer?

Keep checking the tweeks thread but no activity posted for a while.

Nearly bid for an ST48 on Sunday but missed the close and it went for £4.99. B******s!!

Jim

LOL @ the ST48 near miss.

Yes its another KI tx. I must admit this mod transforms the amp to another lever, so much more weighty and dynamic sounding. I actually have another spare KI tx but thats going into my center channel KI amp.

Modding these amps can bring large gains, I have compared mine to a PM17 and I can safely say I won't be changing it for one.

Did you manage to change the vol pot?

Brent

Looks like I'm gonna have to raid the kids' piggy banks again!! LOL

No I didn't get round to doing the volume pot yet. I was saving up for an Alps Blue motorised.

Going to put my NAD 7020SE and Kenwood 3020SE on eBay to help raise the ackers I think.

Jim

PS where would I get another 66KI tx been looking on ebay but no luck. Would another toroid do?

Thomo said:
Just to let you all know. If you're thinking of getting some 6.8uf bg ac's, get them quick. I've already sold out and so have a couple of my suppliers. Says they're one of the most common values used.

Lee.

Hmm, that's very bad news. I'm not sure what other caps one could use to get that sweet lovely sound.

Can you not buy anymore then Lee?

Simon

Thomo said:
Speaking of extra tx's...

I am going to put 2 x KI Toroid's in my CD63 to double the va in every area. Do you have to have a rubber washer in between the two tx's to prevent cross-talk or will they be ok stacked on top of each other?

Lee.

O rly - good idea

I have a spare KI tx for cdp! may sell it!

I pressume you are taking the original tx off the metal support otherwise I don't think you can stack them.
The original tx should have 2x rubber bushes on it that would be ideal. Also a longer nut and bolt will be required.
Are you going to bolt through the chassis?

Brent

Ok, thanks for the warning. I am quite experienced at making cd player parts hot:hot:

A situation I now try hard to avoid, lol.

I will drill a couple of holes through the board, and use a couple of rubber mats between the two tx's and cable-tie the lot. Then I'll shield them with a fire-blanket and switch it on with a long stick (not for the first time).

Lee.