Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

I have a small Nuvotem toroid 2 x 12v for the digital & analogue, plus one 15v for the clock, plus the CD67 Special Edition for the opamps and other bits. The gains have been tremendous so far, so I'll look into another for the opamps.

Any idea what Multicomp tx's are like?

Lee.

6h5c said:

Yeah, I think the HDAM makes a big difference. That's quite a current-drain. I use a nice small toroidal that I found at Farnell for the analog voltage.

Ray

Excellent stuff. I am not suprised how much diff its made over the standard 63 tx really. It should also be better than the KI winding too. Hope I can squeeze the 30VA in LOL

here is a pic of the Nuvotem from RS

Nuvotem

Brent

Thomo said:
I have a small Nuvotem toroid 2 x 12v for the digital & analogue, plus one 15v for the clock, plus the CD67 Special Edition for the opamps and other bits. The gains have been tremendous so far, so I'll look into another for the opamps.

Any idea what Multicomp tx's are like?

Lee.

I have not used those so I can't really comment.

Brent

Marantz CD63KI transport

Hi Brent,
I see you have the original ribbon connectors J102/ J103. Just thought everyone should know J102 in my cdp was bad due to cold soldered at several pins in the transport. After numerous times when errors were displayed, finally decided to replace J102/103 I was shocked to find J102 pins could be pulled out easily from the pcb without a soldering iron!!! Maybe it is one of the problems faced by our fellow diyers having similar transports by causes unidentified. Maybe it only affects pre-1997 year of manufacture.:smash:

Malefoda said:
Hi there!
As said I'm busy fixing my rice cooker, but I wanna ask you how to make a Raygulators, in fact 2, but not 12V as the originals ones but 5V for the DAC.
I guess it's only change in values but I don't know how to calculate it. I'll feed both with a separate TX, maybe buy another one to feed the opamps Raygs.
Thanks!

Hi. I used a 120r resistor and one green + one red led for the voltage drop.

Lee.

Attachments

• 5v digital reg board.jpg
    5v digital reg board.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 318
Re: Marantz 63 servo IC TDA1301T

Simon Chee said:
Hi, I,m looking for a quartz crystal 8.46MHz. Anyone knows where to buy one, looks like mine is giving very low output. giving less than half the normal Vp-p.Will any 8MHZ crystal be good enough?

Thanks.

Hi.

For a CD63, the best option by far is to run the servo from the main oscillator via a divide-by-2 circuit.

Check out Brent website if you do not know how. He has a ready-made board at a reasonable price,

Andy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A sad departure

Chivvyp said:

Thanks for the kind offer. I think the digital and clock lines will still be ok but, to be honest, that whole area is so fubar I can't really be bothered to try to reconnect it all to check. I've (obviously) got all the mod parts still so I'll look out for a new machine on ebay over the coming months and then transplant them.

In fact I've been thinking of moving to computer based playing for a while and this has stimulated me in that direction. I've spent the weekend starting on copying all my cds and I've also put out an order for a USB DAC module to play with.

Regards

Pete

Managed to get hold of another CD67!

Attachments

• cimg0165.jpg
    cimg0165.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 429
Problem :-(

So I've just started modding my 63, and it's sounding great. But i've got a small problem, it will only read a track for about 30 to 60 seconds then stopps (error 2). It started playing up when i adjusted the potentiometer to try and stop the player skipping.

I've tried adjusting the pot, with no luck and i've replaced J102/103 connection with a soldered on wire, but nothing i do seams to fix it.

I'm thinking a new mechanism might be the solution, if so where is a good place to order one from in the uk??