Marantz CD-50 and CD-60, TDA1541, CDM4/19

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TPR w what will be it's PS
TPR_w_PS_board_1.jpg

All that's left is to smoothen the edge where I cut the board
TPR_pop_7.jpg

PS will be this cap and BYV95A diodebridge
PS_TPR_1.jpg

Lol! Wrapping and copious amounts of vino for me this evening (if I can put the iron down!).

Primaries after the on off switch ( unless you want to leave it powered the whole time which is another option. Mine was wired just to kill the display rail for WAF (wife appreciation factor!!!!!!!)

Go big on the smoothers again.... You can never have enough uF lol!!!

Good idea.
I do that whenever I can get them in.
Should stop a bit of ringing

Lol! Wrapping and copious amounts of vino for me this evening (if I can put the iron down!).

Primaries after the on off switch ( unless you want to leave it powered the whole time which is another option. Mine was wired just to kill the display rail for WAF (wife appreciation factor!!!!!!!)

Could go w 6800uF, think that'll fit. But I doubt you notice any difference between 2200 and 6800uF for feeding the TPR.

Is that Chateu ne UF du pape ?

NO soldering tonight - the Malt is now open....mmm

How would the SB touch or duet connected to TDA1541A DAC compare to say a Teralink X-2 connected to a TDA1541A DAC?
Other the obvious wireless/no need for cables bit.

I tried them both (modded x2 and sb duet via direct i2s) and the sb is in a different league. I am using a synchronized clock, meaning 1 masterclock for sb and dac, similar to what ecdesigns is using. It's just very very good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.