LX-mini Crossover Article

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Checking my test results, I see that I have a similar frequency response. Never worried about it.

Attachments

• Response.jpg
    Response.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 449
Great thank you pinholer for your feedback. So i will live it as it is and began listening to music!

Mr Pass, If it can help pinpoint the cause the notch seem to follow the cut off frequency. Here's some more graph with different frequency setting for the low pass.

Attachments

• Spectrum LX.png
    Spectrum LX.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 438
I just bought a pair of the SAL drivers that I want to use on the Martin King open baffle. For complicated reasons this calls for a 200 low pass on the woofer and a 500hz high pass for the SAL. But Nelson has noted this driver might benefit from this correction filter that applies -4 db above 2.5k. Would that type of conture be hard to implement in this crossover. Or I could just go old school and wind that .5mh inductor for the network.

Attachments

• SAL8 OB PASSIVE W FILTER.gif
    SAL8 OB PASSIVE W FILTER.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 325
Happy new year everybody

I would like to use the LX-Mini board to filter my home brew OB's (typical 2 woofer + FR) and was wondering what section of the board I need to use (and how to populate it) to create the Bass bump that was incorporated in the First Watt B5. With some hints I will try to use the simulation software and get the results.

Hope I don't ask something that has been discussed already (I could not find it)

Thanks
Peter

Last edited:
Found it (I guess)

Found it, sorry for the posts

Happy new year everybody

I would like to use the LX-Mini board to filter my home brew OB's (typical 2 woofer + FR) and was wondering what section of the board I need to use (and how to populate it) to create the Bass bump that was incorporated in the First Watt B5. With some hints I will try to use the simulation software and get the results.

Hope I don't ask something that has been discussed already (I could not find it)

Thanks
Peter

Number of ACNs for a pair of LXMinis?

Hi All,

I have skimmed through the thread, but didn't really find the answer I was looking for. The question is rather dumb I guess. I'm a total amature and this would be my first DIY project apart from the LXMinis (build still pending). If I understand correctly, I would need to build 2 ACNs for a pair of LXMinis?
That is, I need two boards and the rest of the package, am I right?

Thank you,
Adam

Last edited: