Luminaria?

Wow! Really spectacular work there, Tim. PCB's, chassis, all top notch :)

Dear Michael,

I tried 2SK60 for Luminaria circuit and it works, with doubled anode resistor and source resistor. I simply assumed that two 2SK60s work like one 2SK82, targeting at same Vds and Vgs and flowing around 30mA.
Compared to 2SK82 I built, I think with careful search on the operating point 2SK60 could be the good substitue. I do not have the ability to do so. I just feel sorry that Liminaria is not available any more due to shortage of 2SK82... :(

Maybe you tried this already?

Chul

nothing at all, o s...t!
I trying to finish my ongaku clone but
I am starting the CSX with two pairs of 82/28 in the version original that the master show at the beginning of the article of sony in common Source. I got four pairs matched of them. I will try, if not work I will make two stereo CSX1, with two SPMS. But now listening Bruckner the 4th with my old Yamaha with the old Mauhorns and Lowther EX4.
Now I am getting the real way...Jama friend is a developer and he found between the THF51 and the 180s recently got in Japan under the "D" sufix, the better in sound at all.
Anyway at the moment we not have the curves of the last JA and the 2SJ20/2SK70 you sent. A soon we got they I will communicate to you my friend

You can definitely do a common source amp with P-channel SITs, after that whether the 2SJ28 will give similar gain or linearity as the 2SK82 remains to be seen. LuminAria exploits a characteristic of the 2SK82 in an unconventional way.

Maybe Michael has tested that already, but you can also follow the method described in the article to measure the curves yourself (well, reverse the polarity ... etc)

Hi,

For those forum members who received my gerbers and schematic for the LuminAria, I just noticed that I made a mistake in the schematic.

The MOSFET for the DC supply should be an IRF610 (instead of IRF510), the IRF610 is rated for 200V and shown in the original AudioXpress article, IRF510 is rated for 100V only (I'm using 610 in my build, just somehow I made a typo in the Kicad schematic) and not appropriate.

Sorry to those who're troubled by this :eek: