Low Frequency Analog and Digital Signal Generator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the info Alex.

Some from us use this marvelous device and as analogue signal generator.
For low measurements (Vrms), I think the dB extending to -30dB will be good.
If that can be done and with J test, it is welcome!

OK, will implenent tis in a furure versions.

The new DAC! As independent device or we can upgrade the internal dac of this device?

Independent, not for measurement, for listening.

You think it is useful to put high perfornamce DAC into this generator? As at first it was intended to use in the digital domain, the analog output was just "addition".
I'm thinking about the future version, which except "Audio Test Mode" will include the "Functional Generator Mode", up to few MHz? and maybe also "Arbitrary Mode".

But, In any case, using AK4490 or something like this at the Audio Mode analog output, the signal will not be suitable for the low THD measurements (as Victor's oscillator) without rejector.

Hi to all.
I had the JG-384 into a Low-Profile Aluminum Instrument Enclosure with a draft installation.
Because, I am owner of RTX6001 Audio Analyzer, I don't need the analogue JG-384 section.

For the new installation, I removed the DAC section and optical transmitter on it.
I made a small toslink pcb for the optical and an other add-on pcb connected on DAC's pins output.
I removed the front metal part of Low-Profile Aluminum Instrument Enclosure and set on it a PCB with a new layout. I changed the i2s outputs to sma.

Attachments

• Altor FP pcb.JPG
    Altor FP pcb.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 145
  • Altor add on pcb.JPG
    Altor add on pcb.JPG
    456.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Altor toslink pcb.JPG
    Altor toslink pcb.JPG
    372.9 KB · Views: 146
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.