Looking for tube sound goodness without tube hassle

I prefer transient non-linear low end/bass compression, added harmonics to high end/ treble and non-linear limiting with my music. Essentially, tube pre-amp goodness.
But I want to accomplish it without the tube hassle and limitations. Please let me know any available good DSP solutions that can authentically simulate tube sound, and allow tweaking of the parameters.

I run a tube preamp into a SS amp. It sounds very tubelike but also more detailed.

Reactions: 1 user
Preamp is good for second harmonic but push pull power stage is a good source for third harmonic which is important to have to give sharper dynamic expression. I found using soft current limit in feedback of class AB transistor amp can be made quite tubey -- the degree is tailorable depending on weighting
1712363346070.png
of current limit and threshold

Maybe something like an Alesis midiverb or the guitar version? Those are ancient from my youth in the 80ies. They are rackmount effects processors. Only analog input I think. Bound to exist much better ones today with digital in/out if thats what you are after. I think there were even good mixers with build in Alesis midiverb. MacroVerb might be the top models name. Don't know which brands rule today in rack effects. TC Electronics was Uber Goodness of sweet sound at that time, but I've seen cheap stuff branded TC these days. Samsung Harman group or similar megacompany bought them.
Go to a nice musician shop and they will let you play your heart out. Good toys, but I wouldn't know what half of the parameters means when it comes to the really good stuff, even though I sold them for years😄
You may need the manual for even changing the bass level.
Cheers!

When I want tube sound, I play records from the 1960s and early 1970s. This is authentic tube sound, reproduced spectacularly through my solid-state amplifier. :)

Afterwards, I go back to playing music from the mid-1970s through 1990s. The difference is apparent: old recordings showed the equipment's limitations.
Ed

Can introduce the circuit and installation in detail.
Jfet Q1 is high impedance input stage that operates at very low current. Q2 and Q3 provide output and feedback to source of through R6 and R7. D1, R7 and R8 gives rounded clipping at about the zero crossing for second harmonic generation. Value of R7 determines how aggressive the clipping. Without clipping network the amplifier gain is( R6/R1) +1 and has about 0.05% distortion -- plenty good enough for guitar and microphone application
1712426411601.png