Looking for the best SQ Phono LCR schematic

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hello,
When I am back home in will send you the schematic of the Pultec pc10. Not sure you can find it on the Internet. There have been some publications about it in France.
Kind greetings, Eduard

Do you have the Pultec pc10 schematic?

Hello,
You should find the publications by the French which will explain why lcr is the way to go.
Number 39 published in 1986 I have the magazine itself at home but it can be found on the Internet.
The lcr technique is the one usually used by the companies making the records in the past.
Jean Hiragana explains very well why lcr is superior.
It is expensive to make but once it is well done it is perfect.
Ronaldo Bassi did write about the pulled pc10 in another French magazine. At that time there was a group which did build several of these pultecs. I even did write to lundahl if they could make the twocoils but they wouldn't.
Tango was still available then but even in Japan it was expensive.
Still have them in the attic.
Greetings, eduard
Prampli phono correction passive LCR (J.Hiraga)
Sorry it is in french

Thanks for the link.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The best one.

In my country -one of the- vulgar proverb "the best one is to ....ing", but it is offtopic here. :)

There are many "the best" schematics.

If I remember correctly, this schematic original was in Dave Slagle's forum:
:: View Forum - Phono

D3a as VAS, DC coupled 6N30P (russian 6H30) as CF (the another 6N30 half as active cathode load).
The output impedance only 41R!

Correct 600R loaded LCR, another AC coupled VAS stage with OPT.
If you don't like OPTs, try Aikidio.

Attachments

• D3a, 6N30P CF, LCR, D3a OPT.jpg
    D3a, 6N30P CF, LCR, D3a OPT.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 886
Joined 2004
Paid Member
What brand names and sound quality for tubes, for example: D3a Valvo and E810F Phillips SQ?

Same tube "sound quality" mostly depends of operating point and signal level.

I prefer D3a, E280F as large level VAS (100..180Vpp). Mainly use Siemens E280F (more detail), sometimes Siemens or Telefunken D3a (more dynamic).

Triode mode E810F is a good tube for small signal amplifiers .... but large signal operation distortion a bit high, in many case twice than the D3a or E280F distortion.

I have four Philips SQ, and two Valvo E810F pairs, best of them Valvo -green print Philips Herleen made :) -.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Same tube "sound quality" mostly depends of operating point and signal level. For Thorsten schematic

I prefer D3a, E280F as large level VAS (100..180Vpp). Mainly use Siemens E280F (more detail), sometimes Siemens or Telefunken D3a (more dynamic).

Triode mode E810F is a good tube for small signal amplifiers .... but large signal operation distortion a bit high, in many case twice than the D3a or E280F distortion.

I have four Philips SQ, and two Valvo E810F pairs, best of them Valvo -green print Philips Herleen made :) -.

@ Eduard,

Thanks for the reply (your post #19). I could unfortunately not read the reference, but have read other analyses. Staying with present topic prevents me from 'hi-jacking' thataway; just saying that I find it all a solutoion to a non-problem, also occasionally smacking of 'preference' by the anti-capacitor brigade.

But there - not desiring to offend; back to topic.

Disabled Account
Joined 2013
Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member

Attachments

• Hashimoto-H-EQL-datasheet.pdf
    228 KB · Views: 182
  • Hashimoto-H-EQL-1-250x250.jpg
    Hashimoto-H-EQL-1-250x250.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 741
Last edited: