LM3886 Schematics + PCB

That's it!

Finally got away from SS, now I kinda want to try it as a guitar amp, now that I have tubed gear.

Maybe Apexaudio could start an instrument chipamp thread. Maybe even a higher wattage version like parallel LM4780's etc.

I would love to bring a 100W amp the size of a large sandwich to the jam spot.

I wanted to try out the amp .. so i had to use anything that was avaliable and it was my phone .

Yes , i did increase the gain by increasing the resistor value , but it i feel the sound is not as good as it is when using the 15k resistor . Still testing though since i made 4 modules for bridging into stereo . Will update as soon as it is done .

Here is my amp .. 4 modules done and working .. Now , in a fix as to how to bridge the amp . Do i use an external bridge circuit ?

Attachments

• amp.JPG
    amp.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 2,785
I got question for this case, I try to calculate Ci based on LM3886 datasheet formula with below parameters:
- TDP 50watt, impedance 8ohm, input 1V, Rf22k; so you'll get Ri 1k3 and Ci 21uF
This case seems to be applied in many designs, but what if I increase Rf into higher value? below case for example
- TDP 50watt, impedance 8ohm, input 1V, Rf330k; so you'll get Ri 18k and Ci 1.5uF

Is it applicable to use high resistance on R feedback? I'm thinking to use high quality poly caps for this Ci, 1-2uF is still affordable, but not for 22uF :)