Lite Audio MV-01 / MV-06 remote controlled volume/input selector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I am trying to put one MV-06 together to be able to send audio from different sources to my active speakers.

When I was plugging the power in, the R21 resister started smoking. Since I am a noob and don't read schematics very well, can anyone for starters help me and tell me that resistors function. I would be for ever grateful.

Well, I thought I had it working OK, but although relays 1-4 work as expected, 4 stays closed when 5&6 are activated! So at the moment I can have 4 separate inputs, but not 5.
Bummer. I've lost the will at the moment, but I'll turn the board over and check everything for shorts, etc, when I can face it again. :mad:

Just in case anyone is interested, I found a workaround. Take the signal output from relay 4 through the normally closed pins on relay 6, back to the output pins of 4, and then when 5 and 6 are switched on the signal from 4 is cut. Relay 4 stays on, but the signal goes nowhere.

Had the same problem, but i though it was pcb problem.
Any schematic (even a draft)?

Thanks!

Anyway, here's a scan of the modified schematic. Cut the PCB to the sockets to channel 4, and run the signal through relay 6. When relay 4 closes, the signal runs through relay 6 to the normally open pins, completing the circuit to outputs 4. When relay 6 turns on it breaks the link to 4.
Image.jpg

Anyway, here's a scan of the modified schematic. Cut the PCB to the sockets to channel 4, and run the signal through relay 6. When relay 4 closes, the signal runs through relay 6 to the normally open pins, completing the circuit to outputs 4. When relay 6 turns on it breaks the link to 4.
View attachment 515097
I should have said normally closed; the unconnected pins.

Explained on this? :blush:
Not really. That shows how everything is connected, but doesn't tell you how to turn off relay 4 when 5 is on. I am using the kit to control an LDR attenuator, so only use one channel of each relay, and don't want several relays switching together. There is no audio signal running through the volume control and relays, just the control voltage for the LEDs in the LDRs.
3 input.JPG This shows 3 inputs; I have 5.

Not really. That shows how everything is connected, but doesn't tell you how to turn off relay 4 when 5 is on. I am using the kit to control an LDR attenuator, so only use one channel of each relay, and don't want several relays switching together. There is no audio signal running through the volume control and relays, just the control voltage for the LEDs in the LDRs.
View attachment 515207 This shows 3 inputs; I have 5.

I am planning to use it for multiple sources (tape/pickup/FM-radio/e.t.c) but my draft build shows only 4 sources (as you confirmed).
On my above sketch, how do you connect them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.