• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Linear regulator PCB (LM317, LT1085, LM338, LT1083)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The ripple rejection is usually achieved by adding g layers of caps. So you can potentially use it

Either by adding some caps in parallel to the same board.

Or shorting some Contacts and add some boards with caps only in parallel))

That's the first thought. Should be no need to parallel other components.

Just see what kind of filtering you want CRC, CRCRC?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

If I use a couple of li-ion batteries to feed the regulator (for 5v output) am I correct in saying I can remove the 35v 10000uf capacitor (plus diodes)?
Would I need to add anything else to the cct when using batteries as above?

Thanks

You can now buy PCBs directly from dirtypcbs.

CLICK HERE TO BUY PCBS

What is this?
This is a universal power supply for regulators such as LM317, LM338, LM1084, LM1085, LT1086, LT1085, LT1084, LT1083 and other that have same pinout and their output voltage is configured same way.

Nice Aleš!

It doesn't seem to work...

I bougt 10 pcb's as well. Good to have a pile of them :)

Regards

Hi Aleš.

Seems as you are using an old version of excel. On some of my devices it doesn't work and on others it does. About these devices - are there any better devices than others in your bom? I mean - would I benefit from buying high grade stuff going with an LM317?
My first thought was no but someone might have tested - as maybe yourself presenting a bom...

Regards

Hi Aleš.

Seems as you are using an old version of excel. On some of my devices it doesn't work and on others it does.

In previous post I added also .xlsx excel file, hopefully that helps.

About these devices - are there any better devices than others in your bom? I mean - would I benefit from buying high grade stuff going with an LM317?
My first thought was no but someone might have tested - as maybe yourself presenting a bom...

Regards

I haven't made any tests regarding this matter. But I am sure that using high grade components over standard ones will improve performance.

Best regards,
Aleš

Got my PCBs from Dirtypcb yesterday, sweet boards!
However FYI but not that it matter, there was not any white rectangular area for notes on my boards.

Attachments

• linreg1.jpg
    linreg1.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 1,227
  • linreg2.jpg
    linreg2.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 1,190
I didn't notice this up until now. Will upload new gerbers when possible, currently I am getting error message form diyaudio when trying to upload zip files.

Best Regards,
Aleš

Can you by the look of my two pictures see if there is anything else out of order? I can most definitely live without the white filled area and do not see this as a problem (even thoe the idea is great :))

mravlca, thanks for posting this design!

It will be nice to have quick and easy regulators lying around. I placed an order for +-10 on Dirty PCBs about 2 weeks ago which was shipped 5 days later. Hopefully I'll receive them soon. Glad to see the quality of the boards euforia received.

In the meantime I put together a BOM on DigiKey for a LM1084 build: http://www.digikey.com/short/tddb18.

It uses 1206 tantalum caps for C2/C3. This added to the BOM cost, but the LM1084 datasheet recommends tantalum for C3 and I figured it would be a good choice for the bypass as well. I also added Faston tabs for AC inputs in addition to the screw terminal block. I think they might fit into the Vin+ and GND pads.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.