laminating Hedlund Horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks

I'm not sure about this link as it leads to a totally different speaker then the Hedlund Horns?
Yes, I have noticed that these people sell the Hedlund Horns, but I was kind of thinking about making them my self... of laminated veneer, - Yes, just like the Hornet version.

Hedlund's plans show how to build them from MDF, I could probably find all the measurements to make the laminating form like this:

http://sparkgap.homestead.com/Hedlund.html

But if the measurements are available it would be a lot easier.

Does any one know if there are drawings/plans available some where?

Best regards
KŒre

Hi

Yes, They look nice. And the bending of the veneer is something I have not tried yet.
So it's got to be tried once! :)

I think that making the forms will be the most time consuming.
But first thing first; to find OK measurements to make the laminating forms....

KŒre

Hi

Thanks.

A friend of mine is a furniture/cabinet maker. I noticed he had some serrated MDF.
really easy to bend. Can be bougt in different dimentions.
My plan was to make a sandwitch construction with the MDF between the veneered layers.
I think this would make the it less ressonant?

KŒre

Hi,
I'd build a pair of hedlund, using 3mm plywood laminate.
Damping is never a problem, just keep add layers of ply until you are happy with the good old trusty "knocking test". mine is 8 layers.

Attachments

• img_1887_edited.jpg
    img_1887_edited.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 347
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.