• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Kubelik NOS DAC kits

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'd want to buy 3-4dac kits.. I've only read a little of the threads on Kubelik and Ling and other variants.

What's best version to support Hi Res Files? What happens to Hi Res through Redbook 44.1khz?

I need optical and coax input..

Maybe you can give suggestions for me.. Get my feet wet building a few dacs for first time..

I'm ready to order.. Hope you can help

There isn't any support for bits beyond 16, they get truncated because the DAC chips used are 16bit type, designed before Hi Res became a thing. Which means the very lowest-level signals on a 24bit recording will get lost or distorted. Higher sample rates are fine though.

Optical and coax inputs (S/PDIF) can be accommodated with an interface board.

I have some 0.5mm.
I would like some smaller too (I think I might need all the help I can get :) )
I am in the UK, but the only make I know is Kester, which has to be bought buy the lb and brought in from the states.

Does anyone have any half decent recommendations for leaded solder? (at a reasonable price)
It would be nice to have a little range of sizes.