• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

KT170

@ smoking amp: I know both Wolfgang Holtmann and Siegfried Naumann, to whom Holtmann was referring as the YL1260 data »donator«, personally. We all once met at a tube enthusiasts' meeting in Germany quite some years ago. Naumann, an engineer and a retired employee of the former Telefunken Ulm tube plant, owns a big list of the numbers of any tube Telefunken did make, both at Berlin an Ulm. He told me the number of fabricated YL1260's as well as YL1350's. Both were between just 800 and 900. At this meeting, he also sold me a box full of NOS Sylvania EL519's...

Best regards!

Much appreciation to the gentlemen who provided and assisted with the Telefunken tube info. It seems that tube development was still advancing along well when solid state tech cut off the air supply. With room temperature thermionic emitters coming along in the late 90's, the possibilities are startling, but mostly undeveloped. With automated robotic production lines, and computer assisted design these days, even custom tubes would be possible, if only the market $$$ were there.

Instead we have billionaires building rockets to the vacuum on Mars. I suspect this is eventually a road to nowhere. Putler may shake that all up when he sabotages the space station. Hope it falls on him.

Kudos to Europe for funding CERN, when the US cancelled the SSC over the price of an office chair. We just don't have a long term outlook here. 12 months at best.

Last edited: