Krell KSA 50 PCB

Re: SONIC QUALITY

hienrich said:
:D HI GUYS

How does krell 50 sound compared to the leach?
:)

Until we actually build one of these KSA-50 clones no one will be able to answer that.
But looking over the circuitry, it looks like the Krell can be a very nice sounding amplifier.
The magic is in the details, layout, power supply, part selection, operating points, and others. The Leach has been built in many variations, and I suspect these clones will will the same. Some may be great, and others get started and never completely finished.

George

rabstg said:
Hi All-

Once we get the gerbers of the combined main board and outputs I will have 50-100 made and they should be available in January.

Final price should be around $10 + shipping for all PCB's required for a single channel.

Thanks again for your patience,

Troy

Troy,
Go ahead and shoot for 100. The unit cost drops enough. I think it will not take too long to get rid of them.
Most people buy way more than they need. Some of us (me included) find two is way more than needed for a lot of projects.
I am pumped about this. Recently purchased a 50 watt Class A amp. It has 36 volt rails. All it needs is to drill the heatsinks to mount and my Krell clone will be up and runnnig.

George

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
Will we all be individually notified when to make payment and such for the group order???

Mark

Mark-

No. An anouncement will be made here when the final cost is determined.

Coulomb said:
Is there a Wiki?

Coulomb-

No, but please feel free to create one. I will personally buy a set of boards for any one who does set up the Wiki.

Mark, just wondering: how long a go did your family leave for the states?

Gulbrandsen.. i would say maby Gulbrandsdalen, or somewhere not far from it.. i have family who live there (too).

Attachments

• widscren1.jpg
    widscren1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,805
Hi All-

I have a contacted 2 PCB manufactures and got quotes.

PCBpro was tacking on a $200 fee for "design review" since we are having scoring done.

So in this case 4PCB is cheaper and they even threw in .093" boards instead of the .065" and 2oz. copper instead of 1oz.

So the price per board is still at the $10 goal with the output boards included.

Now we need the Wiki to start taking orders. Again I will try to create one but that is NOT my forte so bear with me on it. I hope to have everything in order so we can start reserving boards by the end of the week.