Krell KSA 50 PCB

And now... is this what Krell uses? Terminal blocks as star ground?

At least they seem to be brass.

Attachments

• krell rear.jpg
    krell rear.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 795
Most of the terminal blocks used in U.S. built amplifiers are cadimium plated brass. All of my hardware is always stainless steel, some of it gets kind of expensive but no corrosion and it always looks nice. I doubt that anyone here could hear any difference between using stainless, copper, or brass hardware on power supply capacitors or any other electrical part of an amplifier.

Mark

When ML started with these door-to-door bus bars the nuts that hold the screws were soldered on the bars.

I can't tell from the posted pictures how the nuts are attached, if ML still uses the same technique it's very unlikely that the bars are made of aluminium.
Amusing to see ML left aluminium transformer pans and went to galvanised steel.

No. 33H Monaural Power Amplifier:

The efficiency of the power distribution system is enhanced by the use of tinned, oxygen-free copper bus bars that are far superior to PC board traces or point-to-point wiring.
(www.marklevinson.com)
Neychi's pictures are of the 33 and 33H

jacco vermeulen said:

Neychi's pictures are of the 33 and 33H

Absolutely. And if you have the luxury of buying one JUMP on it.

I have listened to the 33 and 33H's in more than 10 different show rooms around the world in "reference" systems and 2 lengthy sessions in one home.

The 33H is my favorite amplifier although I have NOT had a chance to hear the Halcro (quit traveling for my job).