• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Kondo M77

the full wave bridge rectifier is more power transformer friendly than the full wave center tapped rectifiers of old...about 30% better power transformer utilization...since most tube rectifiers are either half wave or full wave, adding an silicon diodes to utilize the full wave tube rectifier for full wave rectification is a logical step in that direction...

besides, winding a 300vac single winding is a lot easier than winding a 300-0-300 vac winding...
i should know since is design and build my own power traffos that i use in my builds...

I agree with her
I am interested in building the clone of the Kondo KSL-M77. My first question before starting: if there is anyone who has compared the musical rendition of his clone with the original. This question arises: is sound rendering the result of an original typology in the unprecedented design circuit? Or it seems to me that the designer has made the Ksl M77 famous and very expensive because he has managed to obtain enchanting sounds with a choice of very high quality components, almost all built in silver seasoned for 20 years with very laborious and meticulous and expensive checks and selection by scrap in choosing the best components, no PCB boards… even the power transformers are silver.

Due to my availability and ability I could never do what the manufacturer has developed, so if I used quality components I would never reach the musical rendering of the original with my clone?. Would I have a pre-amplifier with musical renderings that I can find with clones of other projects?. I saw audio note has the new M7 for sale with updates see link.

I would like to receive your opinions

https://www.audionote.co.jp/en/products/pre_amplifier/m7heritage.html

Last edited by a moderator: