King of snake Oil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just had another look at the photo and I see that the box has a lid that can be removed so that the owner can stoke it up as the coal runs down.
I just wonder how many owners connect there boxes of coal to the chassis of there amplifiers and leave the earth in the plug on the pin.

Presumably there are totally different varieties of coal, each with its own smell (and taste!)......maybe there's an aftermarket product here for upgrades?

Well yes, coal from Wales and West Lancashire (makes signs to ward off evil things) mines is considered THE best for making steam (steam for steam / traction engines) and was formed from big hardwood trees and is extracted, as we know, from deep mines.
It is Very dense.

Opposite end of the scale is Lignum, Germany has a lot of this, formed from leaf / veg matter, one needs to burn huge amounts to get the same effect as a little bit of the 'good stuff', this is extracted from very near the surface.
It is not that dense (looks like mud really).

I suppose the 'best person' to DBT (think about it ;) ) test the taste would be a pregnant woman who is having coal cravings.

The Ground Boxers miss some basic electrical points:
a] A low noise AC power system, does not need a connection to Mother Earth to be low noise. But it does need that connection for safety.
b] Neither good electricity nor bad electricity has any interest in Mother Earth as a destination.
c] Both good electricity and bad electricity want to get back to their voltage source (that's the power company Neutral) and will take all available paths back to this source. Only rarely is this path through Mother Earth.
d] These Grounding Boxes provide neither a path nor a destination for any electricity.

You know that Neutral is connected to Ground right?
Just in case I should mention this little thing.

Today I'm going home and connect a cable to one of my potted flowers and TADAA. The best ORGANIC mobile earth device.
Maybe I'll sell these for 5000 bucks. ORGANIC EARTH. Most LIVE sound EVER!!!

Last edited:
Ah but it could just be plain muck...

Anyway GROUND is just a myth

Link spam as proof? BTW the paper from which you quote doesn't appear to support your conclusion, and the two I browsed have at best marginal relevance to the discussion at hand. You've obviously read papers, are reference spamming and coal jokes standard scientific protocol?
Again, as clearly as possible, it's not about boxes and dots but how those who think they defend science respond. Do you feel that ad hominem and ridicule present science in the best light? If so you're in good company here.

That's what worries me most, I can readily have coal cravings just thinking about coal - Doctor, does that mean I'm pregnant ?

It must happen cos I've seen it in movies *nods*
Next time you crave, best you widdle on a stick :D:D

Isn't coal craving just totally bizarre at any level...............? :eek:

All research shows it is a kind of drug.........

Antipodes DX Reference music server | Stereophile.com is bogglesome. Apparantly decompressing a flac in memory causes noise that affects the sound.

BluTack on ones memory sticks will cure that, it can alaso be used on dac chips whence-forth your £75 hifi brand X jobbie will sound like an angel singing.
Tis true, because I read that in a hifi mag.

Link spam as proof? BTW the paper from which you quote doesn't appear to support your conclusion, and the two I browsed have at best marginal relevance to the discussion at hand. You've obviously read papers, are reference spamming and coal jokes standard scientific protocol?
Again, as clearly as possible, it's not about boxes and dots but how those who think they defend science respond. Do you feel that ad hominem and ridicule present science in the best light? If so you're in good company here.

Span, you are joking aren't you or is it spam because it is science based.... I am not spamming but putting a small selection of relevant papers, certainly more information than you have put forward (zero I believe)
Ground is a myth if you don't believe it that's your problem.
Ad hominem! we are discussing a wooden box with a wire coming out of it that you seem to support, but wont present any information to back up this belief and call people spammers when they do put up some relevant information... so you resort to the usual audiophile put downs instead of putting up information....
It don't matter what field of electronics you are in the data is relevant as it is based on the physics involved....
A box of muck, crystal or what ever is not going to attract the noise whatever Entreq say, you claim to have used them to solve a problem, share the mechanism so we can all benefit.....
Please provide some information to enlighten instead of resorting to name calling and accusation of spamming!:(

Antipodes DX Reference music server | Stereophile.com is bogglesome. Apparantly decompressing a flac in memory causes noise that affects the sound.

A 50 quid motherboard and a few more parts, quite a nice mark up...
They are just promoting the new round of myths for digital audio so they can sell silly priced add ons, basic engineering would achieve more but that doesn't go with the myths and beliefs and try arguing the case and they jump all over you, spamming them with real science...

I just use a basic cheep AMD based PC with 1TB disk (£250) that runs SqeezeBox server (don't log on, it just runs SB Server at start up) and don't have any problems wotsoever, what am I doing wrong, quality sound, quality music server for only a few hundred quid, music streamed to anywhere in the house either wirelessly of wired through my LAN... don't even use audiophile cables, just bog standard cables... the PC doesn't even break into a sweat streaming the music, haven't heard the fan come on for ages.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.