King of snake Oil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do I see a box of coal in the images on this link?
I suppose it could be some kind of snake oil impregnated gravel though.
It might be coal or it might be some sort of special magic substance. There are a few different boxes, each with it's own magic substance. The silly idea is that bad electricity goes into the box and just disappears into the magic substance.

This a stems from the misunderstanding that electricity wants to go to Mother Earth. The magic box is supposed to be a substitute for Mother Earth.

It might be coal or it might be some sort of special magic substance. There are a few different boxes, each with it's own magic substance. The silly idea is that bad electricity goes into the box and just disappears into the magic substance.

This a stems from the misunderstanding that electricity wants to go to Mother Earth. The magic box is supposed to be a substitute for Mother Earth.

Sure but it would not work unless the substance is snake oil impregnated.
I suppose the stuff is just dug up out of the ground close to where the box is made and then impregnated with snake oil.
A soak test load with corners is far more useful as I showed in post 15.

I'm not even sure why threads are created to discuss it. It wastes space and clutters the forums.

I believe it is important to keep the level of sanity high in audio, otherwise these stupid devices and the stupid ideas behind them will remain unchallenged not good for audio, even if some are daft enough to believe a wooden box full of coal (love that one) will do anything... and as electrons drift in the presence of the EM wave I cant see the boxes ever doing anything other that looking stupid on someone's floor...

I believe it is important to keep the level of sanity high in audio, otherwise these stupid devices and the stupid ideas behind them will remain unchallenged not good for audio, even if some are daft enough to believe a wooden box full of coal (love that one) will do anything... and as electrons drift in the presence of the EM wave I cant see the boxes ever doing anything other that looking stupid on someone's floor...
Such things don't have to do anything tangible to electronics or acoustics; if they work at all they work on the psyche. In this case, perhaps the smell of coal evokes memories and alters mood, thus affecting perception, for example...........?

I love the smell of coal ;) Not too sure about the box..........

Really doesn't matter what is in the box, the whole thing is stupid beyond compare another daft audio tweak, at best it will do nothing and that would be a good result. If you look at the picture I would say it looks awfully like a "rabbit ears antenna" so there is a good chance they could pick up noise....
But whatever else they are not a grounding box and are not going to do anything positive...

Breaking out the science behind that conclusion would be helpful.
There is no science in the box........
So it just doesn't matter what it's filled with. The filling could be gold or it could be sand, the box won't do anything either way.

Their silly idea is:
The box acts as a substitute for a stake in the garden. So the bad electricity just goes into the box and disappears into the magic substance.

Breaking out the science behind that conclusion would be helpful.

Sorry are you defending these stupid devices.... I find it hard to believe that anyone with some basic understanding of electronics could look at these and defend them, they are totally ridiculous.
If you need the science then look at how signals travel, basic stuff but should give you a hint that they are going to do nothing whatsoever that is positive and may act as an antenna which is bad.
They are not going to provide any sort of grounding at all, no noise will be reduced by them, in fact it will probably increase.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.