Keystone Sub Using 18, 15, & 12 Inch Speakers

Los Angeles (Culver City) 90034

There is a place - Anderson Lumber that has the stuff, put they close at 4:30pm and are not open on the weekends. Rumor from a cabinet building friend is they may be around $120 I will call first thing tomorrow. If that is the cost, I just cannot swing that for 4 sheets. Logistically I will be working tomorrow a good 50 miles from there having to make through downtown LA at 3:30 pm to make it there in time. Lot of variables need to land perfectly for that to work out.

$120 is a pretty steep price man :grumpy:
You may not need to spend that much, if you ask around there may be some good quality void free BBB hardwood core plywood with equal thickness veneers for the core and face. The real deal Finish or Russian Baltic Birch is 13 ply 18mm and the 5'x5' sheets can be a PITA to handle.

Looks like I am getting the 5x5 13 ply BB from a nice lumber yard. Just under $50. I guess that's going to leave me with a lot of cut waste. About how many sheets per KS when using the 5x5?
A quick layout looks like 3 sheets per cabinet.
If you piece the Keystone front (left and right parts, joiner pieces top and bottom) you may get 2 cabinets from 5 sheets of 5 x 5.

@Bjornes #4:

I built a 21" keystone sub, I do have the drawings, it's for a bicycle soundsystem, so it's playing into the ground below the cargo bike, this works like a weightless extension.
Some directivity might be lost, but sub is pretty omnidirectional and a gain of around 3db is pretty nice, plus the fact that it might even go a bit deeper.
I'll post pictures soon

Well the BB I finally got, is...sexy.
9afad2a175c11acfd220d56e0e96f655.jpg

From a center rip section.

34 years and no power saw accidents...until yesterday. Trying to figure out how to finish my cuts with one hand. Cannot believe the timing and cannot believe it happened. I didn't get stitches which might have been stupid. I'm just hoping that it doesn't get infected.
Sorry to hear that.

Stitches can make the healing go much faster, if you are at all concerned about infection you should get the wound irrigated and stitched up.

Trying to operate a table saw one handed would be an accident waiting to happen, don't attempt it or you may end up (like me) missing fingers. Operating circular saws, jigsaws, small routers or drills is possible one handed if you clamp the workpiece so there is no possibility of it moving.

Take it easy, don't rush- your digits are worth more than any experience any sub woofer will bring, believe me.

Art

Earlier this year I put a nice slice right down to the bone on my thumb. Was trimming the front off corner protectors on a DR280 with a utility knife. Should have been safe since the blade was blocked from hitting flesh- except I wasn't counting on the knife breaking in half.

First time ever getting stitches. Wouldn't want to do it again but I'd recommend getting stitched up every time there's a question you need it. And I'm the kind of guy that has to be completely incapacitated by disease before I go to the doctor. I was stunned at how quickly even a very deep cut can heal. Still have a bit of nerve damage though. Touch sensation on the pad of my thumb still feels half 'asleep'.

Last edited: