Juma's Head Amp

I will post the Dirty PCB link once I receive and verify the board. You can use the link to purchase 10 (usually there are 11) for USD $14.shipped. Shipping a couple from US probably will cost half of this price. With 10 boards, you can give some to your buddies as Christmas gift or do some experiment :)

My hacked up +ve rail Nazar CM built from the universal 3-pin adjustable reg board from forum member mravlca :D

The board is 5cm x 5cm, so the final footprint is little bigger than that. This board is very handy. I just wish it could accommodate the TO-220 rectifiers. It is not quite complete yet. I am still hunting for the 0.33uF cap to solder to the D44H11. I probably will put in a Wima 1uF for proof of concept if I don't find any.

Attachments

• IMG_20161106_131503.jpg
    IMG_20161106_131503.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_20161106_131527.jpg
    IMG_20161106_131527.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 393
My hacked up +ve rail Nazar CM built from the universal 3-pin adjustable reg board from forum member mravlca :D

The board is 5cm x 5cm, so the final footprint is little bigger than that. This board is very handy. I just wish it could accommodate the TO-220 rectifiers. It is not quite complete yet. I am still hunting for the 0.33uF cap to solder to the D44H11. I probably will put in a Wima 1uF for proof of concept if I don't find any.
You could use a crossover cap.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Here is what I could come up with for the reg PSU, like Fred said, one could use D4XH11 or try with TIP4XX or TIP3XX.
For LM and TIP, One could use either a heatsink or mount on the bottom on case or use an aluminium plate as a heatsink. Mounting hole options as per heatsink choice.
reg
Prasi

Attachments

• psu for ha.png
    psu for ha.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:
I compared the 317/337 vs 317/337 followed by a cap multiplier (similar to the nazar but not the same) in the F5 headamp which is this same as this amp but with a jfet input, not bjt.

The cap multiplier sounded better. No measurements. Fuller sounding, a little more drive.

I compared the 317/337 vs 317/337 followed by a cap multiplier (similar to the nazar but not the same) in the F5 headamp which is this same as this amp but with a jfet input, not bjt.

The cap multiplier sounded better. No measurements. Fuller sounding, a little more drive.
Understandable, its because of the capacitance, and what you hear is a bit of rounding off at the edges.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Finished my hacked up Nazar reg and tested a load of 230mA at 11.5VDC.
The AC input was a 12.6VAC/1.2A filament transformer. The LM 317 was at 50C with such
small heatsink, but the D44H11 was only slightly warm. When running with a 15VAC transformer and to supply 15VDC to the HA circuit, I will need a bigger HS for the. LM. Or, mount it to the bottom plate.

I will build another one for the -ve rail to test the board's when they arrive.