John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as cable lifters?
I'm having discussions with my happy half in these 2 days.
This morning we concluded by saying that it is better if I move the system out of the room :Pirate:
Or replace with the previous.
She just cant stand to see 12 f***cables and a dozen of more coils&caps + another 12 f***cables, she says she wants to try painting and needs space.
:D

I personally don't use cable lifters for practical reasons, but I see nothing wrong with using them, and I can see why they might make a difference. What do you guys care?

How do they make a difference?
May-I question your questions ?
Of course they make a difference. In my book, *everything* makes a difference.
To give an example, when you start walking, the earth moves the opposite direction from your walk.

In my book, the question is "Does it really matter ? "

More stupid than the "audiofooleries" are those endless boring and sterile crusades against them in this thread.
Most of us here are smart enough to had made our opinions that will not change anyway, so why to argue ?
How many of us had bought Bybee's ? And if one of us has given in to these chimeras, what is the harm?
There are so many more interesting topics to tackle, don't you think ?

YouTube

Last edited:
I personally don't use cable lifters for practical reasons, but I see nothing wrong with using them, and I can see why they might make a difference. What do you guys care?
How do they make a difference?
As he said, he can see why, if you get the drift. :magnify:
May-I question your questions ?
Of course they make a difference. In my book, *everything* makes a difference.
To give an example, when you start walking, the earth moves the opposite direction from your walk.

In my book, the question is "Does it really matter ? "

More stupid than the "audiofooleries" are those endless boring and sterile crusades against them in this thread.
Most of us here are smart enough to had made our opinions that will not change anyway, so why to argue ?
How many of us had bought Bybee's ? And if one of us has given in to these chimeras, what is the harm?
There are so many more interesting topics to tackle, don't you think ?

YouTube
Stupider than the "crusades against audiofooleries" is endless boring and sterile complaints about the tone of other posts. :rolleyes:
This makes no sense.
It wasn't meant to.

Pete had the last laugh, his playing on the first six recordings was a for life pension.
Fates are curious things that can make you a VIP or a beggar.

I suppose that, deep down, he can not forgive himself for having missed this boat, and, on the other hand, he has been able to get rid of a very complicated and dangerous life ? To be a star is, most of the time, not enviable.

This tune is impressive: A Beatles perfect copy in the spirit (Including the vocals), more groovy than the original: respect.

Last edited:
I have found that 'born salesmen' once could make a lot of money in the audio business. They are usually 'semi-technical', not engineers, who have a large desire to make a go at a hi fi company. I have helped make both Mark Levinson and Noel Lee get successful, even rich, but in the end they both succeeded in cheating me one way or another to maximize their income. I have worked for others, as well, for the same purpose, but they were not as successful. Saul Marantz for example. In the end, his company would up owing me money that was never paid, and Saul would not do anything about it.
This sort of personality, is outgoing, friendly (when he wants to be), and semi technical. For example, Noel worked as a technician once, and Mark learned how to build quality circuitry with the help of others. They will flatter to get something, but in the end, they often cut you off without anything much. Still, I cannot deny them their success, I just wish they had shared it a little more with those who helped them get there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.