John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I think it's quite beneficial to solicit listening feedback from others. Certainly I do it myself. The designer / lead engineer might have a conscious or unconscious bias, in favor of the brand new shiny thing they just spent hundreds of hours creating. Listeners without a financial or emotional investment in the equipment, probably have less of this kind of bias. And, collectively, they probably audition a wider variety of music genres and artists, than any one designer would do.

I have always considered myself 'bi-brained' meaning a balance between both sides. Many here, are unfortunately 'left-brained' meaning well educated but with little intuition or belief in themselves as far as what they hear.

OK John, you have always "considered" yourself "bi-brained". I have not considered myself anything, but made a test, few years ago, that said "balanced 50% + 50%", result attached. Do you have your result? Examination of yourself? You know, you are saying "condemnation without examination is a prejudice". Aren't you, just you, one of the persons with highest level of prejudice regarding others, in this thread? What do you know about us, in fact??

Attachments

• braintest.PNG
    braintest.PNG
    223 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
PMA, I do EXAMINE others based on their input here, over the years. You, my friend, are unfortunately biased by double blind testing that you now strongly support. You are a good engineer, everybody knows that, but for audio, I doubt that you will be as successful as someone like me. It would be best for you to stick with industrial products, if I were to give any opinion about your potential.

I do not find people who boast about themselves in public forums enjoyable, rather sad imo. Basically a psychological disorder, maybe it is a bi-brain related, definitely a level of insecurity and need of attention. Time to get off your horse as they say, before it bucks you off. Grow up if their is anytime left for you.

PMA, I do EXAMINE others based on their input here, over the years. You, my friend, are unfortunately biased by double blind testing that you now strongly support. You are a good engineer, everybody knows that, but for audio, I doubt that you will be as successful as someone like me. It would be best for you to stick with industrial products, if I were to give any opinion about your potential.

So sad

Well, PMA is probably asleep right now, but I will apologize in advance that I am only responding at the level that I am being attacked. I don't consider it 'professional' to attack a colleague, especially one that has helped me in the past, but I don't like to be told that I am 'silly' for believing that some products work that he has most probably never seen, much less tried. If PMA will not attack me further, I will not state my opinion of him in future.
To everyone else, I am in between two forces, but of which I can learn from. That is the 'measurers' and the 'subjectives' who rely on what they hear. I have tried tweaks and mods for many decades, and I know that many of them work in the application they are intended. Why, sometimes I do not really know, but I usually have an idea or two as to why, but I don't throw something aside just because I do not understand it. Yet many here will condemn something they have never tried, just because they don't understand its operation. I can't afford to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.