John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Actually I am now designing electronics for both Parasound and Audible Illusions, and I hope to do so for two other clients in the near future. What have you designed lately, Scott W?
I have a new product from AI on my test bench right now.

Good to know what to avoid as one wonder what a designer with these thoughts might have stuffed into the circuit. I'll go with knowledge and science instead.

//

"Try and hear" I know several guys who claim they hear if they turn a power fuse - mechanically, like change direction. People claim they hear absolutely everything, and there is no limit. I am still curious about JC's intents - is it a business only, keeping his customers, or he plainly believes what he is saying, or he is simply pulling our leg. Or a mix of all these things.

I just go with what I hear, and then compare that with others who have tried the same thing. You guys don't try, so you don't know.

1) How many hours, per day, do you spend by listening?

2) How do you know that "We" do not try?

Thanks for your effort PMA, especially the PSU ripple picture.

/örjan

It is about PSU filter capacitors to keep charged, short-term vs. continuous power.

Attachments

• max_shrt_swing.png
    max_shrt_swing.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 256
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Joined 2014
Paid Member
. I am still curious about JC's intents - is it a business only, keeping his customers, or he plainly believes what he is saying, or he is simply pulling our leg. Or a mix of all these things.
John, being a 'legend' amongst a group of aging audio writers and their limited readership has to keep up the story. High end audiophile types have to have the story to believe in. My favourite is XLR connectors that needed 100 hours to bed in as too much iron in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.