John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Howie, you have hit upon the very objects that I am amazed at at the moment. Apparently they work by activating the natural resonance of the nitrogen in the air, but their effect is surprising and and even stunning. They seem to improve just about all audio playback, yet I cannot explain why in practical terms.

There are similar products on the market that apparently activate the natural resonance of oxygen also, but Bybee went for nitrogen. If these devices were mass produced, I am sure that they would be much cheaper to produce, but as Jack apparently has to make each one, they are slow to make and expensive to buy. It is apparently difficult to give this to a 'relative' or other worker to produce. I can only compare it to my Vendetta products that took a lot of effort to get right, 30 years ago.

This is a new area of physics that is not well understood, and as in all new things like this, trashed and ignored by typical working scientists and engineers. Someday we will know better and be more comfortable with this stuff.

Unfortunately, you have to try these things to believe that they do anything important. They are 'field effect' devices apparently and work at distance to change the properties of the audio in the room. Jack tried to explain the effect by thinking of air as having physical properties that can be changed, like adding humidity or changing temperature, but his explanation stopped there, so it wasn't very useful. I sometimes wonder if these devices are effecting ME rather than the air. That's possible, but I feel normal with them in the room. It just seems that my little Sequerra Met 7's as well as my big Wilson Sashas sound better, and digital playback has really improved. Yet, I was sent a favorite CD by a friend, and I was disappointed in its sound quality (music was great!) so it does not forgive everything. However, really quality SACD, vinyl and 24-96K etc sounds great, better than ever before. Or I could have just gone deaf. '-)

There are similar products on the market that apparently activate the natural resonance of oxygen also, but Bybee went for nitrogen. If these devices were mass produced, I am sure that they would be much cheaper to produce, but as Jack apparently has to make each one, they are slow to make and expensive to buy.

Sad you have given up on doing design and have turned to this mystical nonsense to keep folks interested in the "hi-end". There's no activating oxygen or nitrogen resonances and you know it, this stuff is so weak who do you think you are fooling?

Actually I am now designing electronics for both Parasound and Audible Illusions, and I hope to do so for two other clients in the near future.
I have a new product from AI on my test bench right now.
Great to see you working on new designs John.

If there's one thing that can enhance mental and physical longevity it's being productive. Two examples are John Goodenough, 97, inventor of the L.I. battery and Rupert Neve, 93, famous pro audio designer, both still active in their respective fields.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.