John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does it, I'm way over the hill.

(should have listened when they told me I was doing too much alcohol and drugs)

Attachments

• l144.gif
    l144.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 154
I understand that our IQ goes up with age and experience and time in grade etc. So, if you were 100 at age ten or something young.... by age 50 you would do better on the test.

Be aware that some test protocols have a maximum value. For example, in the online test you posted I made 170+. 170+ means the protocol cannot measure the IQ and that it is just above 170 (questions are too easy)...

In a standard IQ test, for such a high maximum value, the protocols require long test or lots of questions. The types of IQ test for high schools that is common here in my country is the one with 125 as the maximum value...

So if your score was low when you were in high school, do not assume your IQ is increasing... But...

So, if you were 100 at age ten or something young.... by age 50 you would do better on the test. But is that really Intel increasing. ?? Or, is that knowledge that is increasing?

Jacco mentioned that Fluid Intelligence (Gf) peaks at age of 17-18. But there is Crystallized Intelligence (Gc) that may peak at very old age such as 60-80...

IQ tests are said to be designed to measure Gc, Gf or both. But imo, it cannot just measure only Gf. There is always Gc part, such that with the increase of our knowledge, so is the result of IQ test.

I believe that if Gf is high to begin with, and we like to learn, then the increase in Gc will result in genius level IQ test score when we are old.

Now I have to take a personality test to decide if I should rule the world or open a lemonade stand. (The fine print said 170 so this is clearly bygus err blowgus err ...)

Ah! It seems like they have fixed the test system. So, what is the maximum score of this test now? 160+ or 170+? You have answered all questions correctly, haven't you?

Oh, I see. There is that remark "You have an IQ of 171" but that logo actually displays "160+". Flawed system :)

Note: There is two types of test that I know. One is adding plus at the end of the maximum score (such as 160+). The other one is adding "1" at the end of the maximum score (such as 161).

Last edited:
Ah! It seems like they have fixed the test system. So, what is the maximum score of this test now? 160+ or 170+? You have answered all questions correctly, haven't you?

I assume so. Didn't find any of them hard or unclear. The Display Tag seems to quit at 160+, the fine print said 170 firm. The first time I took an IQ test was in second grade. I was the youngest in the class but got all the questions right then. However that test was high scoring in comparison to the more modern ones.

Jay,

The "IQ" test is limited by the author's limits. The best example on that test is that a twig does not have leaves. But looking at the previous questions showed nothing beyond two dimensions of depth. So I did not expect the author to know that.

Klippel's test is much more concrete.

So while you can game some tests others are much more solid.

twig1
twiɡ/
noun
a slender woody shoot growing from a branch or stem of a tree or shrub.
synonyms: stick, sprig, shoot, stem, branchlet
"leafy twigs"
ANATOMY
a small branch of a blood vessel or nerve.

Also:
Do leaves grow on twigs or branches?
Leaves are borne on cylindrical stems that form twigs or branches in trees and shrubs. With few exceptions, each leaf is associated with a small bud, found in the crotch between the leaf and the stem (called the leaf axil). This axillary bud can later grow out as a new branch or as a flower.

Last edited:
twig1
twiɡ/
noun
a slender woody shoot growing from a branch or stem of a tree or shrub.
synonyms: stick, sprig, shoot, stem, branchlet
"leafy twigs"
ANATOMY
a small branch of a blood vessel or nerve.

Also:
Do leaves grow on twigs or branches?
Leaves are borne on cylindrical stems that form twigs or branches in trees and shrubs. With few exceptions, each leaf is associated with a small bud, found in the crotch between the leaf and the stem (called the leaf axil). This axillary bud can later grow out as a new branch or as a flower.

You are welcome to read the other definitions that mention a twig is leafless. A twig is formed after the leaf falls off as shown in the second definition.

But what do I know my family has been associated with forestry for 5 generations that I know of.

You are welcome to read the other definitions that mention a twig is leafless. A twig is formed after the leaf falls off as shown in the second definition.

But what do I know my family has been associated with forestry for 5 generations that I know of.

As is often the case, language suffers from problems with vagueness (or at least less than mathematical precision), and evolving and sometimes contradictory definitions. In the case of IQ test questions, they have to be validated by trying them on a lot of people. The questions have to be shown as effective for accurately distinguishing IQ. For one example, if higher IQ people tend to get other than the expected answer for a question, the question should be discarded and replaced with a better one. In that sense, whether a twig has leaves or not by definition is not as important as whether low IQ people give the answer deemed wrong and high IQ people select the answer deemed right. So long as the question works reliably to distinguish IQ, it is serving it's intended purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.