John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
This Vitus is sure an enigma. The Boulder with 60dB S/N on the MC input must be a joke too.

Attachments

• bad signal noise.png
    bad signal noise.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 202
Ok , here .. :)
Vitus Audio MP-P201 Masterpiece Series phono preamplifier | Stereophile.com

Scotty, this Dread no have no fortyleg in a him head ... :)

LOL, you take Fremer's ravings seriously? Well until the next one comes around.

"while the Vitus MP-P201 Masterpiece is well engineered, there is nothing in its measured performance that would indicate why Michael Fremer was so taken by its sound quality.—John Atkinson"

The SNR was OK but the distortion spectra were the shites for SS, my open-loop circuit does better.

Last edited:
Zep "two" at 11.

CCR at 6.

Just got back from Illinois, lock the front door oh boy.
Got to set down, take a rest on the porch..

jn
One of the early experiences, decades ago, that made it painfully obvious how laughably incompetent the vast majority of audio playback was, was playing the original Led Zeppelin I CD at decent SPLs, when my system was in good tune. A quite wondrously overwhelming creation, with a depth that seemed to extend for miles - hearing the grotesque, squashed mess that emerges from most systems makes is almost impossible to conceive that it is the same recording ...

LOL, you take Fremer's ravings seriously? Well until the next one comes around.

"while the Vitus MP-P201 Masterpiece is well engineered, there is nothing in its measured performance that would indicate why Michael Fremer was so taken by its sound quality.—John Atkinson"
Well, it might be worth taking it just a little bit seriously ... have just read the first page it sounds very familiar - not as something that somebody like Fremer might say - but as what transpires when a system snaps into correct focus. If you've never experienced such it might seem absurd, but that's the subjective impact of it happening - you just stand there, gaping at the sound, saying "I don't believe this!" ..

Status
Not open for further replies.