John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jan,
Preheat helps a lot. 60c or so with a heat gun, hair dryer, or toaster and use an decent iron. The solder applied to the top side should wick through to the bottom before installing the part. Makes for a good thermal channel so that you don't have to apply too much heat.

This method also works with DFN/QFN parts, though you don't need to pre-apply solder to the board normally for these. They sit flat on the board so there is no gap to fill. The leads on the sides of these packages are a whole different story....
Dave

It has patents, so it has to work, right?

Nope, just don't claim the input connected to the output and there is no reason not to issue. I figure the guru of this scam, Tom Bearden, is involved somewhere.

Better yet two of the patents have already expired. I don't know if I have the energy to read these but Mr. Bearden also flogs PM by claiming a generator and motor system that would have net energy out but simply does not claim connecting them together.

Last edited:
another test

Attachments

• headphone amp.jpg
    headphone amp.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 295
The circuit put up, was a test run for circuits drawn on my computer in future. The schematic shown is NOT completely accurate and the mosfets in the power supplly buffer are drawn backwards. This is a conceptual schematic, it has never been built, so it can have a number of problems. However, it served as a TEST, and as an example of the ACTUAL COMPLEXITY of even a simple circuit such as the headphone amplifier, in actual design in a product. It also answers how we sometimes use relays in general and how we hook them up, etc. However, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BUILD this design as shown and expect it to work, unfortunately it won't, and even if the mosfets are properly turned around, this specific circuit has not been built or emulated.
Still, it has useful concepts, perhaps more than I normally show, as how we do things commercially.

Status
Not open for further replies.