John Curl amp

Mike, see how are C10 and C11 (130 pf) killing the amp (OLB)

Attachments

• jc3-freq_resp.jpg
    jc3-freq_resp.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,364
I took out the 130 pf and changed them to 22 pf.
I have taken C9 out. I have the other channel built and working.
The second one is always easier.
One board has Sanken outputs the other Toshiba. I will send you the 4 pair of extra Toshiba's if you would like to change them out. I have 2 caps to solder in when I take the boards off the heat sink.
Do you need heat sinks?:Popworm: :wiz:
I can send the boards this week.

Thanks, Mike

TURN DOWN THE BIAS????

At last we have sure proof that the mad genius Curl has at last gone completely daffy!! PROOF I SAY!!

Nooooo... we don't turn down bias!!
Turn it UP! Then we pipe in the liquid Nitrogen coolant or the heatpump, the giant Peltier device, or ultra high velocity screaming turbo fans!!

Everyone with an ounce of experience knows that we want to use the smallest possible device and transfer heat away - an old metal can three legged thingie is ideal!! GIVE ME GERMANIUM IN A METAL CAN I SAY!!

Ok, now I have to take my little blue pills... :dead: :whazzat: :bigeyes:

_-_-bear

Bear, they should have calculated the heatsink capacity better from the get-go, and I only offer a reasonable compromise for the moment. It will be enough to get them started. I know from the size of the heatsink that I used in 1968 to make my first amp of this topology. It now resides in a drawer, with the associated circuit attached. It would do about 15W, which was more than enough for my K-horn at the time.

john curl said:
Bear, they should have calculated the heatsink capacity better from the get-go, and I only offer a reasonable compromise for the moment. It will be enough to get them started. I know from the size of the heatsink that I used in 1968 to make my first amp of this topology. It now resides in a drawer, with the associated circuit attached. It would do about 15W, which was more than enough for my K-horn at the time.

Don't make me laugh.
That heatsink was for testing. I have 10 more and 4 fan assembies if the unit gets to hot.
The circuit needs to be changed a little to work better.:rolleyes: