• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JFET matching Jig

2Oz copper & dedicated jumper

• 2oZ copper

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Dedicated jumper clip in kit

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I heard from few that they used the jig and it is working through PM.
I will feel better if they can share their experiences. I don't find anything similar available in market( that's why I made it).
I found a matcher kit from UK that Sells for 4 times this kits price and work only for TH Jfets.
Mine works for both TH and 90% SMD types and for both N and P.
So guys please leave your experiences.
I could check one SMD Jfet per minute using this. Looking for improving design.

I built it, but haven't used it yet. Sockets were a really nice touch and the shorting plug is 1st class and also a good handle. Nice little jig! Improvements for consideration: (1) make it way bigger so it's easier to handle and leave more room around the standoff openings, (2) leave more room around the test points and maybe consider turret style or something different, (3) the existing slider switch is a bit funky chunky - use something smaller and easier to operate with one finger, (4) LED that doesn't need to be swapped.

BK

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Just for fun I'm measuring some JFETs in TO-92 packages. The jig works great! These transistors were previously matched and I'm getting consistent results. The only issue I'm having is getting the legs into the sockets easily. I'm going to look for some replacement sockets that make this job go more quickly. Thanks KinKu!

IMG_2245.jpg

Just for fun I'm measuring some JFETs in TO-92 packages. The jig works great! These transistors were previously matched and I'm getting consistent results. The only issue I'm having is getting the legs into the sockets easily. I'm going to look for some replacement sockets that make this job go more quickly. Thanks KinKu!

View attachment 665090
Thanks Kevin.if you find a suitable socket please share with us. I went with Datasheet, not always the best!
Also this is the best picture I have seen so far with the set up.!!

Last edited:
They are all gone. If there is enough interest I can order more, cost would be higher 4-5$,factoring in shipping charges for seperate order. First set was purchased with my other boards .
Also new boards will be bigger as per feed back received from last sales.
Need at least 10 people to sign up.
If there are enough interest in two weeks from today will do it again.

They are all gone. If there is enough interest I can order more, cost would be higher 4-5$,factoring in shipping charges for seperate order. First set was purchased with my other boards .
Also new boards will be bigger as per feed back received from last sales.
Need at least 10 people to sign up.
If there are enough interest in two weeks from today will do it again.

Ok. Definitely add me to that list. I can PM you my email info for paypal, just let me know when. Thanks dude