• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JFET matching Jig

2Oz copper & dedicated jumper

• 2oZ copper

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Dedicated jumper clip in kit

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How much and where to?

Have been asking for 5 x KITS with 2oz boards with jumpers for jcarr and elecon in Japan (we are friends of Davide Nikon1975 in Austria). I assume all current kits and 2oz boards are now spoken for?

(1) Have not seen what will be the total to pay for 5 x KITS with 2oz boards that includes jumpers?

(2) What about the freight amount to add for Japan shipment?

(3) I can also not see where to pay (PayPal e-mail address)?

I can see some mention of a possible upcoming production and delivery in February. I am more than willing to prepay and wait for delivery until it is ready.

Elecon, sorry I reserved 5 boards for you but did not see any response to invoice or emails/ PMs. As it was a small operation I gave it out to whoever asked after waiting for two days. I have to point out that wait ,unfortunately delayed everyone by a week. I send you a PM today. We can do another group buy later I can get you kits as I committed to you before, provided you are willing to pay for overages. I won't be able to get just 5 kits for the prices I offered here due to the lack of price margins for the low volume and shipping costs.
More details in PM.
Please let me know how I can help you out.
I can't however do another group buy for two weeks as I have another commitment here that I have not been able to coordinate due to this one.

Tubesguy, I don't understand what you meant either.
If you are asking why I did not send an invoice, I did to whoever insisted and all those from outside US and Canada ( only way PayPal allow ).
Everyone else send me PM with their requests in the format mentioned in 131, I send them my PayPal I'd and total amount.
I tried to honor everyone who signed up, but as I mentioned I had to cancel some who did not respond in 2-3 days. Was it fair I don't know. There was no plan for any of these to begin with. I was making this for personal use. So sorry, to those who did not get what they wanted!
If anyone else want to do a group buy I am happy to help. I simply don't have the time or resources to do it. That's all.

If a bom and Gerbers of the pcb will be made available I can pass and you can give my kit to tubesguy, he was in the list before me. I already paid, so you can ship to him and I will figure out payment between him and me. I can buy the parts and order pcbs from the Gerbers if they are made available.

Assembled and tested

So today finally I am free after many days of work.
Assembled the board and happy to report everything working as expected.
I went ahead and matched few JFets on the spree.
Must say a stable jig is very essential in matching Jfets. I guess since we are dealing with ma currents and wants to match for 0.5% etc.
Attached the pic of my setup. Only thing I will do different next time make board bigger to make things easy to manipulate.
I will start shipping today afternoon!
I will start making a document on set up this week.
In general ,measure the resistors before you assemble. Assemble the smallest components ( in this case the PCB mounting hardware for resistors and led etc) first.
Very important apply a tiny bit of solder on SMD pads to make the surface irregular , seems like in the untouched form they are not making contact with SMD pins, too smooth?
Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Do not solder pads

A change in recommendations
My Jfets were out from package and pins were attached to a tape after sorting. Try without soldering pads first and if it does not work proceed with light tinning .
What I found was touching pins of JFEt on solder worked better for me. I think over time my Jfets have glue on their pins and was not making contact properly.
So please don't tin pads right away.