JBL 2245 H

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi scott, sure, I have a preliminary plan that my friend did for it. it's not compete ,but major dimentions are there. It is not too difficult , It takes 3 1/2 sheets 5x5 baltic birch. If you have a table saw that will be helpfull and a skill saw for the larger panels ,bisket joiner ,epoxy for assembly. There is also a composit chamber that will need a mould made. I plan to make another pair ,and could take pics through the build if you're not in too much hurry. Basically it is new for me too and still a work inprogress but as is a very pleasing bass.

Attachments

• 18in base horn.jpg
    18in base horn.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC05007.jpg
    DSC05007.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 436
just for the record I am now using the 2245 [single] in a 10 cubic foot box with a 15" x 5" port 15.3" long [tuned to 30 cycles] as per the jbl sight, and never felt the need for "LOWER" bass as I have never heard music[I don't do home theater] ,amplified or "otherwise" that had any thing close to a need for anything below that frequency .So I wanna build that backloaded horn . and when I can afford it I will build one more.and I don't think I turn it up as loud or don't need to: I am using a 60 wpc tube amp with 104 db [,fully horn loaded speakers with excellent lower midrange and upper bass but missing the bottom octave] .eff speakers.I bet i have never put more that 2 watts into this system.no need i just look for as close to effortless as i can afford to get .THX

Hi A Vanderkruk , I was curios if you had the exact design for that horn enclosure . The last time I was on the sight you were in process of building and were fine tuning a plan .I have been on the road for a while .So when I work out of town I don,t use the computer.Thank you for your time .Happy holidays to all. Scott Lowe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.