JBL 2245 H

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi A Vanderkruk , I was curios if you had the exact design for that horn enclosure . The last time I was on the sight you were in process of building and were fine tuning a plan .I have been on the road for a while .So when I work out of town I don,t use the computer.Thank you for your time .Happy holidays to all. Scott Lowe

I did build one more and took more pictures. I dimentioned the panels with marker and took pictures of the parts with the dimentions. They are posted on photo bucket. Dieter said he would do a new cad drawing if needed,but I haven't asked. I have mine set up now crossover made and i traded one JBL 2245 out and put my pair of altec 604HPLN duplex 16inch for bass and tweeter and added 270hz mid horn for the two front main channels and one JBL is still used as sub,and one more to make. Picture, the 18 sub is set back on the right (not so visable) I put rosewood on the front and baffel extensions the back is stained birch, still ugly

Attachments

• DSC05324.jpg
    DSC05324.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC05321.jpg
    DSC05321.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 187
Man, that's a beautiful looking speaker!

Thanks for kind words
I love the sound of this,the sound is pure thearpy. i started the testing and working on the crossover. I did RTA of the seperate components through the crossover. here is the plot, white is the 2245 with sub plate amp turned to 40hz active cross, the others; red is the altec 604HPLN bass cone through 12db passive at 1000hz, (still going to 2000hz) the orange is the mid horn using JBL2440 overlaping the whole mid band, it is cut back 12db so not to overpower,yellow is tweeter component of the altec604
Cheers all and seasons greetings

Attachments

• Goliath 604 horn with 18inch sub.jpg
    Goliath 604 horn with 18inch sub.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 182
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.