You know it...............

YouTube

Jam

Attachments

• pizza-main (1).jpg
    pizza-main (1).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 420
Hi Carsten,

It's saved with 5.99 (the in-development version of 6.0). I suspect you're on 5.1.5.

You can download the nightly development build from the website: Download | KiCad EDA. But be warned: it is in active development so the nightlies can be buggy. The plus side is that you can report bugs so we can fix them. ;)

If you're not a FSU (fearless software user) then I can back-date the file (but that has to be done by hand).

Cheers,
Jeff.

Hi Jeff,

thanks and you're right with the version.
Now I use the nightly (5.99.0-1455-gd3296d2ed) and it works well.

No, not needed. I installed on my "Play Mac" under macOS Catalina (latest beta). ;-)

Nice Design, looks good and thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-30 um 12.51.32.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-30 um 12.51.32.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 305
Got a pair of my regulators built and on the bench.

attachment.php

Can't really tell much; the signal is way below the noise floor of my oscilloscope.

attachment.php

Interestingly, the voltage is a good 2+ V higher than SPICE predicted. Not sure what that's all about, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

The regulator loses its lock at about 212V line voltage. My mains is nominally 230V, but I think Jam said he normally designs for fluctuations of 10% or more?

The CRC resistor and series pass transistor are barely warm, so I'd probably be better off with a bit more source voltage (48V secondaries instead of 46V)?

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e6.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e6.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 982
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e7.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5e7.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 995
Even though the negative side is mostly a mirror image I figured it deserved testing too. Interestingly it keeps its lock down to 210V (a slightly better figure than the positive side's 212V).

Output boards:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 8Ho+%TU1QiKmre0Z24wvjw_thumb_5e8.jpg
    8Ho+%TU1QiKmre0Z24wvjw_thumb_5e8.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 621