Is this a real TDA1541A?

Also, appeared in the offer versions with HBH:

013331wez0kdqqxz38ca8z.jpg

They also seem to be original...?

Last edited:
I was curious and thought for €30 I give it a try: from AliX
What did I get? Obviously a real TDA1541, as it is working without any problems in simultaneous mode. I do not know any other chip that could do this.
I have some doubts about the datecode, because I think that all chips from '97 should have the "RSH" code.
What I can say is that it is definitely not black-topped.
If it was re-marked, they did a really good job.

Attachments

• IMG_20210316_172302.jpg
    IMG_20210316_172302.jpg
    634 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_20210316_172322.jpg
    IMG_20210316_172322.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20210316_173422.jpg
    IMG_20210316_173422.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 249
Who knows, a lot of the grey market suppliers of obsolete ICs are based in Asia and the far east. I certainly wouldn't buy an S1 or S2 (or at least pay a premium for it) unless it had been taken out of a CD player or had proof of its origin.

AliExpress is even selling an S7 crown version for anyone who thinks two crowns simply isn't enough !!! TDA1541A S7 TDA1541A S7 TDA1541A TDA1541 Premium power amplifier chip collector's edition|Replacement Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

I'm quite happy with my '97 production non crown TDA1541As though (sourced locally and not in China I might add!)

I was curious and thought for €30 I give it a try: from AliX
What did I get? Obviously a real TDA1541, as it is working without any problems in simultaneous mode. I do not know any other chip that could do this.
I have some doubts about the datecode, because I think that all chips from '97 should have the "RSH" code.
What I can say is that it is definitely not black-topped.
If it was re-marked, they did a really good job.

Ive today ordered exactly the same chip from huo guang Store on AliEx. I will report results when its arrive. The seller sent me also another pic of the chip:

viber_image_2021-03-16_17-18-16.jpg

Guess what I do since 2yrs...
Buying old CD-players from Ebay and "Willhaben" (local Austrian "ebay").
But the lower limit for players that sports TDA1541A most of the time is around €40-50.
Anyway, it is still a gamble with the Chinese supplies. I once ordered dozens of PCM58s from different suppliers, all around €2 a piece. Some were black-topped and re-lasered, some were 100% original as I can tell.
The same would probably apply to the TDAs - you never know what you get, even from the same seller.
But the essence I take - there is still hope... And not "doom and gloom" as the spirit of this thread was once.
Still, I have doubts regarding the datecode and place of origin - If it is, like my sample, marked with "HSH" it shouldn't be marked with "TAIWAN" as the source of the silicon then must be the Netherlands.
Chips (dice) from Nijmegen that were assembled in "xSx" - Kaohsiung - before weren't marked with "TAIWAN". I thought that only TSMC sourced dice would have been marked with "TAIWAN" on the top of the IC => "Rxx" / "RSH"

Edit: Anyway, with pleasure I would send original chips also to Serbia (@jorgovanko). I still have all the TDAs except the ones marked "HSH 8844 2" as you can see from one of my previous posts over to sell. €40 per piece. Let me know.

Last edited:
That chip is probably a real Taiwanese chip totally reprinted with a disappointing mash up of aspects of early Dutch markings and later stylistics. This is a nice example of imaginative forgery. Id give it a high distinction for creativity but fail it on poor research and clumsy printing.

Yes, as you purchased it from me.

And it is one of the last remaining 15 pieces, I could buy from the NOS stock of Studer Professional Audio, where I am working.

I have still some offers running in a big auction site...

Probably the other chip on your pictures is a fake? 0815? And no S1?

My opinion: speculations about hand applied stamps are a little bit difficult, specially when they are applied over a period of about 15 or more years.

Dont forget: the selection process was done on a evaluation board with some automated measuring methods, but the selection and the stamping was finally done "by hand", piece by piece, batch by batch.

Franz

/Edit

The only method to separate fakes from true chips: measurements. It's like every gem :)

;)