Is this a real TDA1541A?

What did the fakes look like ?

Please post a photo

or let us know the markings.

Andy

Here they are. The scratches are in black paint ;) Underside show made in Philipines....
All pins have been soldered before.
The static plastic packing is also foolish, clearly amateurs!

Attachments

• img219.jpg
    img219.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 666
  • img220.jpg
    img220.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:
Here they are. The scratches are in black paint ;) Underside show made in Philipines....
All pins have been soldered before.
The static plastic packing is also foolish, clearly amateurs!

and the same indent plus dot HSH00xx...

I don't remember any of my genuine TDA1541A with marking on the underside.

Have you posted a negative comment on his feedback yet ?

Andy

Last edited:
fakes

and the same indent plus dot HSH00xx...

I don't remember any of my genuine TDA1541A with marking on the underside.

Have you posted a negative comment on his feedback yet ?

Andy

Got a full refund. Seller blamed supplier. Lame excuse, then wanted to resend good ones. I was no longer interested and requested refund, which I got.
Did not even get an apology. :(
I am finished with Chinese /HK Ebay sellers!
:mad:

Last edited:
I bought 2 pieces of TDA1541A from eBay:

IC PHILIPS DIP-28 TDA1541A | eBay

At the photo, even though bad one, you can quite clearly see the right font used, but the ones I got are a different story...
I'm not going to risk my player and try them out, as they are obviously fakes of some sort.

Sent a complaint to the seller, waiting for response....

Attachments

• TDA1541A.fake.jpg
    TDA1541A.fake.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 563
That's a relief (for me), as the two I bought from Analog Metric show open circuit.

No ohmic contact between those pins is no warranty for real. There are different fakes. Your first one looks good. but should not it RSH for the Taiwan instead HSH? The first HSH from netherland in year 1993 with batch 11201. Over two years later produced in another country only 54 batch numbers further? but i'm not sure. maybe it is a good indicator that thy are desoldered. Good luck :xfingers:

I have 2 genuine TDA1541A Single Crown and can confirm that neither has the indent/casting defect at the front of the IC package. I also ran a multimeter down each side and got open circuit for pin 1 to pin 2-14, and open circuit for pin 28 to pin 27-15. In fact every pin to pin combination I tested (i didn't do every conceivable permutation) was open circuit.

I bought two of the sanded front fake TDA1541A's with indent at pin 1. Most pin to pin combinations gave some kind of resistance. They are absolutely fake.

Interstingly I also bough a couple from eBay seller "Polida" and whilst I agree that the font is not correct, they test identically to my genuine chips...but I've not had time to solder them in and test them in circuit yet.