interesting designs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-24 at 8.39.53 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-04-24 at 8.39.53 AM.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 222
Dan...wtf, not one damn front shot of those things?????

COMMON!

nice....also, whats the back rectangle for...looks like a birds nest in there. DId you come up with a hybrid 3 way/bird coup?

Seriously...I dont recognize that woofy. Nice built in wave guide for the tweet.

what is the mid? A planar?

Last edited:
Dan...wtf, not one damn front shot of those things?????

COMMON!

nice....also, whats the back rectangle for...looks like a birds nest in there. DId you come up with a hybrid 3 way/bird coup?

Seriously...I dont recognize that woofy. Nice built in wave guide for the tweet.

what is the mid? A planar?

Mid is the BG neo10 planar, in an open back configuration. The woofer are new, but the no longer available TCsounds TC1000, pretty much the same woofer that Salk uses now in his top of the line Soundscapes. Tweeter is a Transducer Labs N26C ceramic dome. Build thread here:
Introducing: Echelon - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video, and Electronics Customer Discussion Forum From Parts-Express.com

Here's a shot from the recent InDIYana DIY event.
IMG_2692.jpg

heh...those crack me up. Dan said he was going to make a MTM too.

The woofer is amazing (freq responce graph on the link)

Sealed was the only way to go with that TC...I see it.

Actually looking to port it... http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/211482-port-placement-pro-cons.html

Will run the port across the back to get the length I need of around 12"-13"

Haven't designed bottom cabinet yet... Will wait until top cabinet is finished, see how it balances and then design lower cabinet to suit.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.