Installing and using LTspice IV (now including LTXVII), From beginner to advanced

Someone was stoned while creating your version of the model!
.SUBCKT BCM61B 1 2 3 4
* NPN current mirror in SOT143
Q1 2 1 3 TR1
Q2 1 1 4 TR1
.MODEL TR1 NPN
+ IS = 1.822E-14
+ NF = 0.9932
+ ISE = 2.894E-16
+ NE = 1.4
+ BF = 324.4
+ IKF = 0.109
+ VAF = 82
+ NR = 0.9931
+ ISC = 9.982E-12
+ NC = 1.763
+ BR = 8.29
+ IKR = 0.09
+ VAR = 17.9
+ RB = 10
+ IRB = 5E-06
+ RBM = 5
+ RE = 0.649
+ RC = 0.7014
+ CJE = 1.244E-11
+ VJE = 0.7579
+ MJE = 0.3656
+ TF = 4.908E-10
+ XTF = 9.51
+ VTF = 2.927
+ ITF = 0.3131
+ PTF = 0
+ CJC = 3.347E-12
+ VJC = 0.5463
+ MJC = 0.391
+ XCJC = 0.6193
+ TR = 9E-08
+ CJS = 0
+ VJS = 0.75
+ MJS = 0.333
+ XTB = 0
+ XTI = 3
+ EG = 1.11
+ FC = 0.979
.ENDS

Hi All

I need a insolated driver with high speed for a flying cap sim.

I have non in library only opto-coupler who are to slow, is there a other way to
use a model who have possibillity to setup speed, there are capacitive or digital isolated drivers these days for gan but no models.

If someone now one, I be gratefull, if not also gratefull.

regards

See

Attachments

• opto.png
    opto.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 156
These are in lTspice, This one is high speed but can these setup for different speeds? Or is there somewhere a capacitive/transformer high speed opto for sim?

Need speed for Gan.

I go try this one as I see nice result.

thanks.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 894.jpg
    ScreenHunter 894.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
OK, I'll put you some together later today.

Some of them will use transistor models not included by default and so you will need to 'include' the file of models used... which is just a text file. I'll explain how you do that so that any sim you run can lookup the data from the single model file.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Here go. Extract all the contents of the folder first.

You will notice most of the simulations have a statement on them saying:

.include C:\discrete models.txt

This refers to the single text file included with the sims.

To retain the same filepath you can copy and paste the notepad file directly into your C drive or you can place it elsewhere and alter the statement on all the sims to point to the new location or you can keep all the sims in one folder and keep the model file in that folder as well. If you do the last option then just alter statement to just say .include discrete models.txt

You can call the model list anything you want as long as the sim also has that name in the statement.

The model file is in the zipped folder.

Attachments

• LT1.jpg
    LT1.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 127
  • LT2.jpg
    LT2.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 118
  • Assorted Amp Designs.zip
    100.8 KB · Views: 62
Hi all

I have a model of LMG1205 who has a strange behavior, when I connect the VDD supply to ground it does work, but when do it like on pic, connecting it to the negative supply I get no output anymore, I have a other model mosfetdriver like lm5113 who does well. Unformalely I do not now how to tamper models at all.

Thanks in advance and have nice weekend.

regards

Attachments

• LMG1205.zip
    3 KB · Views: 51
  • ScreenHunter 902.jpg
    ScreenHunter 902.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 134
Joined 2021
Paid Member
Here go. Extract all the contents of the folder first.

You will notice most of the simulations have a statement on them saying:

.include C:\discrete models.txt

This refers to the single text file included with the sims.

To retain the same filepath you can copy and paste the notepad file directly into your C drive or you can place it elsewhere and alter the statement on all the sims to point to the new location or you can keep all the sims in one folder and keep the model file in that folder as well. If you do the last option then just alter statement to just say .include discrete models.txt

You can call the model list anything you want as long as the sim also has that name in the statement.

The model file is in the zipped folder.

thanks for this.I did alter the text but it still looks for the c:/ location

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Lets just work through it. This is keeping the model file with the sims.

1. Extract all the contents of the folder. Keep the sims and the model file in the newly extracted folder.

2. Pick the Pioneer A80 sim and change the command of .include C:\discrete models.txt to become .include discrete models.txt

Right click the command on the sim to open it in edit mode and enter the new version. Click OK.

It must look exactly like this (attached)

3. The sim should run.

4. Do the same for any other sim you want to run.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-23 192017.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-07-23 192017.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 114
According to the datasheet, VDD should be connected to a positive 5-volt supply.

That's right, but this class d Gan has two supply,s, 2 x 60 volts for simulation and not a ground reference, this way the supply of 5 volts need to referenced to the -60 volts where also VSS is connected and not ground as I use symmetrical supply as most class D does.

I have other ones like LM5153 and that does work find with symmetrical supply connecting the VDD on the negative rail with a floating +5 volt supply as is always needed for reference correctness Possible this chip can only do single voltage I do not see in datasheet.

see pic,s how I did it, the lm5113_trans does just fine, something in model needs to have changed for reference to supply or this chip can not work that way.

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 903.jpg
    ScreenHunter 903.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 104
  • ScreenHunter 905.jpg
    ScreenHunter 905.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 52
  • ScreenHunter 906.jpg
    ScreenHunter 906.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 54
Hi Jan

I have look at the datasheet and see the lower driver is earth connected in the ic itselfs, so I presume it is also done in model as you mention.

The lmg 5113 has the same in ic connected ground but model does work very good with bipolair supply and uplifted 5 volts from it.

The 1210 does not work.

I have also now a insulated digital pwm input driver and have correct it because of error in diodes modeling Dbreak did put a extra .model Dbreak D in it and work now, needed for multilevel.

So I have the tools to go on.

Thanks

kees

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 908.jpg
    ScreenHunter 908.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 51
  • ScreenHunter 907.jpg
    ScreenHunter 907.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 54
Joined 2021
Paid Member

1. Extract all the contents of the folder. Keep the sims and the model file in the newly extracted folder.

2. Pick the Pioneer A80 sim and change the command of .include C:\discrete models.txt to become .include discrete models.txt

Right click the command on the sim to open it in edit mode and enter the new version. Click OK.

3. The sim should run.

ah ok got it, i changed the description in the text file only

Joined 2021
Paid Member

3. The sim should run.

i only have the sims,not the text files