• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Input and switch boards for Soekris DAM1021 DAC

Have one spare including the smd components soldered on. One input and one switch board. Rev 1.1. Never used.
Same price as the rest? 25€ + shipping is that fair?
Picture soon.

Attachments

• 20170314_195621.jpg
    20170314_195621.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:
Hi WCWC, thanks for the info. I'm afraid I bought all these parts 2 years ago and they've been laying in a box since then but I'm hoping to make some progress this week on it.

Because I'm a novice at this stuff I was going to start out by just buying a multi voltage output psu like this :-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZOZOTMUniv...&qid=1501659146&sr=8-1&keywords=power+adapter

before I even think about using the toroidal transformer. (https://sklep.toroidy.pl/en_US/p/TT...grade-transformer-TSAS20VA-voltage-to-50V/373)

From the looks of the dam manual I should be able to just use a standard 12v dc adapter to power that.
What did you mean by dual rail?

Last edited:
It seems that the soekris.eu site needs some updating.. I can no longer find the manual for the 1021 and the spec sheet that does exist is kind of misleading, stating as power requirement this: "Power input 7-8V AC or +-7-15V DC max 5W".

This seems to imply that a single secondary transformer is required which is not accurate. The "+-7-15V DC" is accurate though.

The 1021 requires a dual secondary power transformer supplying 7-8VAC (not more than that!) or a bipolar DC power supply providing +/- 7-15VDC.

If I were you I'd go with a bipolar DC power supply providing about +/-9VDC.

Hi DimDim,

I'm afraid I don't know what a bi-polar power supply is. I know very little about electronics which is why I just want to get this project started with 2 cheap DC power supplies that I can buy in any shop.

Working with mains AC and that toroidal is project 2. Project 1 is just getting it to switch on.