Infineon MA12070 Class D

I believe you can program an Arduino to read the register via i2c using the wire library and use the 'serial print' command to output it on the Arduino IDE on the computer. But I'm terrible at microcontrollers and takes me ages to get a script working. Normally getting some simple syntax wrong.

Yes. Can be done. These days I much prefer something like an RP2040 board running CircuitPython. Raspberry Pi Pico is nice, cheap, and readily available.

I am stuck with the programming as I always get a time out notice trying to program the Attiny.

As the AD1896 came in I tried to set the pin configuration for the appropriate format.

Am I able to set the 64 bits per sample according to the datasheet?

Screenshot_2023-08-23-18-00-43-741_cn.wps.moffice_eng.jpg

If I understand your question correctly...

The AD1896 by default outputs 64 bit frame size, which is also the the default input frame size on the MA12070P. All you can control on the AD1896 is the output sample size, and 24 bits is the default (I think). Do you have 32 bit music files? I'm not even sure the MA12070P can handle 32 bit music :unsure:

The AD1896 by default outputs 64 bit frame size, which is also the the default input frame size on the MA12070P. All you can control on the AD1896 is the output sample size, and 24 bits is the default (I think). Do you have 32 bit music files? I'm not even sure the MA12070P can handle 32 bit music :unsure:
According to page 18 of the MA12070P datasheet, it can handle 32 bit using Left Justified and I2S modes. However, I've been under the impression that only 24 bits is used. Now if only I could find in the docs what gave me that impression... lol

If I understand your question correctly...

Sorry. I misread the datasheet section you posted earlier.

"The right justified serial data out mode assumes 64 SCLK_O cycles per frame, divided evenly for left and right. "

The question is how can this even be possible given the pin options?

Does that mean I am stuck again?
It's unfortunate that i2s has so many flavors. It's best to modify the MA12070P to accept the i2s source than the other way around.

It also occurred to me that you would need to access the MA12070P resistors to change the volume, unless you had another thought.

I have a crazy idea that may work (other than the volume control), but you would need a Windows PC and purchase an ESP32-WROVER-B board. I'm not 100% sure it would work, but let me know if you want to more details. I'd try it, but I don't have an i2s source to experiment with.

Mike

It's unfortunate that i2s has so many flavors. It's best to modify the MA12070P to accept the i2s source than the other way around.

It also occurred to me that you would need to access the MA12070P resistors to change the volume, unless you had another thought.

I have a crazy idea that may work (other than the volume control), but you would need a Windows PC and purchase an ESP32-WROVER-B board. I'm not 100% sure it would work, but let me know if you want to more details. I'd try it, but I don't have an i2s source to experiment with.

Mike
Hi Mike,
I am open for everything.