ImPasse Preamplifier

Sure. Gain is 26dB (x20). Input is balanced or unbalanced, and depending on choice of transformer, 10k or 15k (can be made higher with a Zobel on the transformer secondary). Output is balanced, rated at 20V out (it was created for driving a balanced-in, unity-gain power amp). With a balanced load, output impedance is about 400 ohms. For a single ended load, the inverting output alone is taken.

OK -- took it for a test drive on the bench -- SY reported -68dB 2nd Harmonic, -92dB 3rd Harmonic. The one shown here measures -69 dB, -103 dB 3rd ! All of the R11, R12 resistors I purchased from Mouser came very tightly grouped around 15K.

I used Electro-Harmonix 6SN7 and 6922 -- the transformer I have is not center tapped so I wired the heater in series and raised one leg by the B+.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I know that SY likes the non-Darlington version of the Maida for its simplicity. For the cost of another TIP transistor, LM329 and a couple of resistors you can get the souped up version. I showed a single-sided design here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142420&highlight=

It's much easier to get the parts if you use 2 3-watt resistors to set the voltage.

I am going to have these boards burned as well.