Il Penitente

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have no doubt MZM has a class A mosfet heated still for distilling Rakija. Makes good music and even better spirits

Acknowledging the photo source like a well mannered Greedy Buoy:
By Silverije - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=11818349

Rakija - the secret to MZM Zen-ness

1280px-Pečenje_rakije_u_Međimurju_(Croatia).jpg

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Its all bourbon and tequila in the stores around here...
Thanks for the link.
I grew up in czechoslovakia, we used to make our own slivovica and marhulovica (peach brandy).

just for your info - Yebiga is Americanized spelling of mild curse (Oook it!)

J is replaced with Y, so pronunciation is close to original

also - "Prva" means "First" , which in traditional distilling process is name for first quantity of every charge, which is highly poisonous (containing all wrong sorts of alcohol) and it is normally either disposed or carefully contained and left to be used as lotion for massage and healing purposes (arthritis and other rheumatic pains)

so, I have no doubt that they are selling Real McCay, but it's also evident that Seller intentionally made double joke with names, understandable only for those speaking language ....... and then knowing something about moonshining itself

classic example of saying "cursing someone in foreign language"

:rofl:

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yup, all good info. I used to run gas chromatography in the lab, not anymore as life shifted my interest into other stuff these days. Got profile for every commercial distilate and regularly tested my friends home made stuff.
That first fraction contains predominantly methanol, lowest boiling first alcohol. Nasty stuff.
I used to ID all the peaks on chromatogram (gc-ms with library, easy identification with quadrupole) and could even tell which peaks were responsible for flavour and which gave you headache next day.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have no doubt MZM has a class A mosfet heated still for distilling Rakija. Makes good music and even better spirits

Acknowledging the photo source like a well mannered Greedy Buoy:
By Silverije - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=11818349

Rakija - the secret to MZM Zen-ness

well, Might ZM mostly dealing with Moonshining just because I have all necessary hardware (nothing else than inheritance from SheBoss Father) and I've been taught entire (modern) processing bu my Best Man (he actually have a Degree in Food Technology, if that's called that way in English)

Abandoned anything more than occasional exercise with alcohol long time ago ( realized that I much more prefer clean head and thinking/tinkering)

It mostly is limited to 1 shot of Rakija every time we are having my Mom at lunch, more like for tradition sake than for anything else ....... so twice a week or so

Even that is almost too much, considering my tender age :rofl:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
bare output - made by Il Penitente schematic?

what is Rout of signal generator?

power level you're testing at?

edit: I can bet that - if you include source resistors for IRF mosfets, IM should go down, control of output BJTs being tighter

my choice is going without them, getting more uniform THD Spectra and it sounds better to my ears that way

remember, even if max power is sorta fair (25W) , this is still no NFB amp, more made as THD generator than clean instrumentation amp

say, cheap 300B for masses :rofl:

Last edited:
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
ZM,

no, not exactly your Il Penitente. Just a bare bones output.
I am using line out from fucusrite. You got a good point, perhaps I should try headphone output, that sure has lower Rout.
Tested at low power, ~0.5watt, with speaker connected as load. I do not like it loud.
No mosfet drivers.
Yes, yes, no NFB.

What I do not understand it that there are two ways measured IM, by one its decreasing, as it should, by other its creeping up.
But its not your circuit, so no worries, do not bother about it. I am just trying to understand it.
I am heading towards three pairs of outputs, no NFB, 0.5A each pair for 1.5A total. Kinda like JungSon.

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    865.7 KB · Views: 63
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
no shooting :rofl

in case that you use switch with two sections perfectly time aligned ( so switching of both source resistors being time aligned) you can do switching on the fly

though, there I'm most probably worrying too much

Iq practically stays the same, while DC Offset is minimally changed = practically nothing to worry about

no oscillations

I salute your thinking - that's exactly most important thing Pa is teaching us in all these decades - think, try ..... even if there is some smoke, try to learn

contrary - I would never try Insulated Gate Bastard Transistor mode

so, sometimes is good not being formally educated in electronic :rofl:

(even Pa - he's Physicist - what's that having with amps? :devily: )