If it's purely an engineering challenge why bother designing yet another DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Remember too that even Mr. Bybee states on his website that the effects of his products are "sub-audible"!!!

That is a straw man argument, Wurcer knows it and you should too. Both sides have already agreed that the advertising is false. The disagreement is whether the devices can affect audio reproduction in any way at all. Some people have found that they can, usually for the worse, sometimes for the better.

By the way, an objective scientist wouldn't be resorting to straw man tactics in the first place. Nor would he countenance the use of such tactics by another.

Some people have found that they can, usually for the worse, sometimes for the better.

No they have not.

By the way, an objective scientist wouldn't be resorting to straw man tactics in the first place. Nor would he countenance the use of such tactics by another.

The Bybees were brought into this discussion by someone else, not me. I refer to them because they are a such a good example of the delusion of which I have discussed. You would do better to put some effort instead into detailing the many errant assumptions you stated that I have made in this thread. I am still waiting...

That's one such extraordinary claim, stated with no evidence to support it whatsoever. Remember too that even Mr. Bybee states on his website that the effects of his products are "sub-audible"!!!

Any resistance or inductance inserted line level/speaker level is going to change the sound, whether or not ones system is sensitive enough to relay it is one hurdle, the other.... is the listener in touch enough with the system to perceive it.

I think your interactions here are very biased and leave no room for scientific exploration.

Any resistance or inductance inserted line level/speaker level is going to change the sound

No. It might change the system objectively, but that change might not be audible.

I think your interactions here are very biased and leave no room for scientific exploration.

That is just absurd. Of that I am absolutely certain.

I have to believe that they think they can hear them, but I am certain in this particular case that their perception is entirely delusional.

It seems to me that even if (accepted for the sake of argument) their perception is 100% not rooted in reality its still the perception they experience. So are you saying they perceived something but did not experience that (delusional) perception? If so that seems to me contradictory, but I may be missing something.

What they think seems irrelevant here, we're just dealing with what they perceive.

It seems to me that even if (accepted for the sake of argument) their perception is 100% not rooted in reality its still the perception they experience. So are you saying they perceived something but did not experience that (delusional) perception? If so that seems to me contradictory, but I may be missing something. What they think seems irrelevant here, we're just dealing with what they perceive.

You experience your perception, not your reality. So if your perception is "rooted" in reality or is a creation of your mind, it is still an experience, it is what you think.

You experience your perception, not your reality.

To me, what I perceive is my reality. Not to say that it corresponds with 'reality' though as I admit I might be subject to delusion (in your definition of it).

So if your perception is "rooted" in reality or is a creation of your mind, it is still an experience, it is what you think.

Right (excluding the 'what I think' bit, that's beside the point). So back to my original question - how do you know those persons Markw4 referred to did not experience what they said they experienced? (Even if it was delusional).

To me, what I perceive is my reality. Not to say that it corresponds with 'reality' though as I admit I might be subject to delusion (in your definition of it).

Your reality is the real, physical world that you sense. Your perception is the cognitive model you form of it. Confusion is best avoided.

how do you know those persons Markw4 referred to did not experience what they said they experienced? (Even if it was delusional).

I have not said they did not experience it, just that, in the case of the Bybees, if they did experience any effect then they were deluded.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.